Looking to find an avatar for this challenge, I found a lot of architectural shots – but I don’t want to give that as an example, it would be too easy to lead you astray :-) Any subject, as long as BOTH new and old stuff are shown in the same shot and both have an equal role – no magnifying glass should be needed to find either element ;-)
Edit: I removed a number of works from the challenge, because more and more I started wondering ‘what is the old and what is the new in this image?’; the animal photos are all great, but really, they’d fit better a ’Mother’s Day challenge which may be coming soon. Also, the challenge is not called ‘restored’, or ‘the dead and the alive’, etc.
WORK THAT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A PHOTOGRAPH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, even if it originally started as a photograph!!
- as usual, please, no insects, arachnids or butterflies – thank you!
- also, nothing that requires a safe filter, nothing that you wouldn’t show to your grandma or to a 5-year-old (I shouldn’t have to say this for this subject, but we had some surprises…)
- no writing on the images, this is still a photography challenge group, keep images with added writing on them out of this, thank you (unless, of course, the writing is part of the subject)
Judging / Voting Criteria
Please vote for your favourite(s) that fit the theme, as many as they are. Every vote counts!
Rewards & Prizes
- Bragging rights
- Banners for top ten photos
- Features for the Top 10 and 2 host choices (or as many from the top 10 that are in the group, plus the remaining places as ‘hosts’ choices’).
- Top ten will be invited to participate in next month’s Avatar challenge
- Please remember this is the photography challenge group :-)
- Works not added to the group cannot be featured when they end in the top 10 (‘computer says NO’). Adding to the group once the challenge is over will be too late. Please add your work to the group as you add it to the challenge! :-)
Cover Image: New Vs Old by D-GaP