A Photo of a bird with an open mouth, the wider the better. If in doubt, see example photo.
What we want
- BIRDS with wide open mouth/beak/bill (see example photo)
- Birds with WIDE OPEN mouth/beak/bill. (see example photo)
- Photographs only
- A PHOTO of a bird with a wide open mouth.
What we do NOT want
- Birds with closed beaks
- Birds holding stuff in their beak, if they can hold something there, technically their beak is trying to close as much as possible, rather than being truly “open”. See example image.
- Animals or people with their mouths wide open
- Any form of insect/bug/creepy crawly flying or otherwise
- Snakes, reptiles, any other form of life that is not a bird
- Helicopters or other “cute” usage of the word bird.
- Anything that is not safe for work
- Anything that is not a photograph (please note that works that do not LOOK like a photograph, even if they started life as one will not be accepted, this is the photography not the photoshop group)
Judging / Voting Criteria
Please vote for your favourite(s) that fit the theme, as many as they are. Every vote counts!
Rewards & Prizes
- Bragging rights
- Banners for top ten photos
- Features for the Top 10 and 2 host choices (or as many from the top 10 that are in the group, plus the remaining places as ‘hosts’ choices’).
- Top ten will be invited to participate in next month’s Avatar challenge
- Please remember this is the photography challenge group :-)
- Works not added to the group cannot be featured when they end in the top 10 (‘computer says NO’). Adding to the group once the challenge is over will be too late. Please add your work to the group as you add it to the challenge! :-)
Cover Image: Open Up and Say Ahhrrgghh Ahhrrgghh Ahhrrgghh Ahhrrgghh!! by ellismorleyphto