A late Friday challenge ;-) We had challenges for Star Trails, so that’s why we should now look back to Earth for them. In the northern hemisphere is still getting dark relatively early, so car trails could be photographed still without staying up too late – just be safe when you do it. And they don’t have to be car trails – play with torches and long exposures, have fun. Cities are obvious candidates, but as you can see from the avatar, other landscapes are suitable for this experiment as well
- must show light movement/trail
- must be a photograph, obtained in camera and NOT by post-processing (no zoom burst added effect, please)
- no star trails as the subject, that was a different challenge, thanks
- no illuminated contrails as the subject, please – it’s not what we’re after
WORK THAT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A PHOTOGRAPH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, even if it originally started as a photograph!!
- as usual, please, no insects, arachnids or butterflies – thank you!
- also, nothing that requires a safe filter, nothing that you wouldn’t show to your grandma or to a 5-year-old (I shouldn’t have to say this for this subject, but we had some surprises…)
- no writing on the images, this is still a photography challenge group, keep images with added writing on them out of this, thank you (unless, of course, the writing is part of the subject)
Judging / Voting Criteria
Please vote for your favourite(s) that fit the theme, as many as they are. Every vote counts!
Rewards & Prizes
- Bragging rights
- Banners for top ten photos
- Features for the Top 10 and 2 host choices (or as many from the top 10 that are in the group, plus the remaining places as ‘hosts’ choices’).
- Top ten will be invited to participate in next month’s Avatar challenge
- Please remember this is the photography challenge group :-)
- Works not added to the group cannot be featured when they end in the top 10 (‘computer says NO’). Adding to the group once the challenge is over will be too late. Please add your work to the group as you add it to the challenge! :-)
Cover Image: West Mitten and Light Trail by Mitchell Tillison