We had one of those more than 2 years ago, and it’s still one of my favourite themes, so let’s see what you’ve photographed by moonlight or starlight in the last 2 years :-) Maybe the asteroid that just missed us tonight? :-)
- NEW WORK REQUIRED – please add the date to the Title or Description. If it’s not 2011, 2012 or 2013, please see above :-)
- NO sunsets, sunrises or golden hour shots – STRICTLY night time shots
- If you can’t avoid showing a city/artificial light in the photo, make sure it’s not the subject – this is about how the moonlight/starlight transforms the landscape, or the beauty of the night sky, not about the constellations we humans build on Earth. Not even a picture of the Earth from space can fit here, unless it’s from far away and shows mostly stars :-)
- See the avatar – our winner two years ago in this challenge
Work found without the date will be removed, no individual messages will be sent, just read the rejection message
Edit: Please don’t just enter any picture that might have the moon somewhere in it – it’s about the moonlight, so fitting pictures would be those LONG EXPOSURES in the dark of night WHERE ONLY THE MOON AND THE STARS ILLUMINATE THE LANDSCAPE. If you’re not sure what that means, see the past challenge link above
WORK THAT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A PHOTOGRAPH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, even if it originally started as a photograph!!
- as usual, please, no insects, arachnids or butterflies – thank you!
- also, nothing that requires a safe filter, nothing that you wouldn’t show to your grandma or to a 5-year-old (I shouldn’t have to say this for this subject, but we had some surprises…)
- no writing on the images, this is still a photography challenge group, keep images with added writing on them out of this, thank you (unless, of course, the writing is part of the subject)
Judging / Voting Criteria
Please vote for your favourite(s) that fit the theme, as many as they are. Every vote counts!
Rewards & Prizes
- Bragging rights
- Banners for top ten photos
- Features for the Top 10 and 2 host choices (or as many from the top 10 that are in the group, plus the remaining places as ‘hosts’ choices’).
- Top ten will be invited to participate in next month’s Avatar challenge
- Please remember this is the photography challenge group :-)
- Works not added to the group cannot be featured when they end in the top 10 (‘computer says NO’). Adding to the group once the challenge is over will be too late. Please add your work to the group as you add it to the challenge! :-)
Cover Image: Wharariki beach at night by Paul Mercer