As the title says. It’s the colour of love and Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. It’s the colour of good luck in Chinese culture (and not only), and the Chinese New Year is also just around the corner. So, two good reasons to celebrate, and to have your camera handy and use it. Not limited to flowers, please notice other red things too, within the group and RB rules.
- How much red? A lot of it!! If I have to use a magnifying glass to see the red in it, it will be rejected, probably won’t even have time to pick a reason. As a rule of thumb, red must be visible in thumbnail format and cover most of it. We are not going to debate the meaning of ‘red’, ‘most’, ‘new’, ‘2012’ or ‘2013’ :-)
- NEW WORK REQUIRED – please add the date to the Title or Description. If it’s not 2012 or 2013, please see above :-)
Work found without the date will be removed, no individual messages will be sent, just read the rejection message
WORK THAT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A PHOTOGRAPH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, even if it originally started as a photograph!!
- as usual, please, no insects, arachnids or butterflies – thank you!
- also, nothing that requires a safe filter, nothing that you wouldn’t show to your grandma or to a 5-year-old (I shouldn’t have to say this for this subject, but we had some surprises…)
- no writing on the images, this is still a photography challenge group, keep images with added writing on them out of this, thank you (unless, of course, the writing is part of the subject)
Judging / Voting Criteria
Please vote for your favourite(s) that fit the theme, as many as they are. Every vote counts!
Rewards & Prizes
- Last RB voucher
- Bragging rights
- Banners for top ten photos
- Features for the Top 10 and 2 host choices (or as many from the top 10 that are in the group, plus the remaining places as ‘hosts’ choices’).
- Top ten will be invited to participate in next month’s Avatar challenge
- Please remember this is the photography challenge group :-)
- Works not added to the group cannot be featured when they end in the top 10 (‘computer says NO’). Adding to the group once the challenge is over will be too late. Please add your work to the group as you add it to the challenge! :-)
Cover Image: Twin Hearts by Themis