We want to see macros (or at least close-ups) of man-made things – old, new, colour or monochrome. Take a look around you, ignore the pretty flowers for this one, and take a macro/close-up shot of your tabletop, cooking pot, garden gate handle or the chair you’re sitting on – try to show us the pretty side of these things, please :-)
NEW WORK REQUIRED – please add the date to the Title or Description. If it’s not 2012 or 2013, please see above :-)
Edit: Work found without the date will be removed, no individual messages will be sent, just read the rejection message
WORK THAT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A PHOTOGRAPH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, even if it originally started as a photograph!!
- as usual, please, no insects, arachnids or butterflies – thank you!
- also, nothing that requires a safe filter, nothing that you wouldn’t show to your grandma or to a 5-year-old (I shouldn’t have to say this for this subject, but we had some surprises…)
- no writing on the images, this is still a photography challenge group, keep images with added writing on them out of this, thank you (unless, of course, the writing is part of the subject)
Judging / Voting Criteria
Please vote for your favourite(s) that fit the theme, as many as they are. Every vote counts!
Rewards & Prizes
- Bragging rights
- Banners for top ten photos
- Features for the Top 10 and 2 host choices (or as many from the top 10 that are in the group, plus the remaining places as ‘hosts’ choices’).
- Top ten will be invited to participate in next month’s Avatar challenge
- Please remember this is the photography challenge group :-)
- Works not added to the group cannot be featured when they end in the top 10 (‘computer says NO’). Adding to the group once the challenge is over will be too late. Please add your work to the group as you add it to the challenge! :-)
Cover Image: Beach Body by Themis