It’s getting close to That Time Of Year and while I generally tend to work on That Day, this year included and actually while the example image was taken in early JUNE, I still thought it would be nice to get a little into the spirit (hey the building where I work already has a lit tree inside…) with some REINDEER
edit NONE of the rules have been changed but the challenge title HAS been changed. Any deer other than REINdeer will be removed without warning. Thank you.
What IS ok for this challenge
- wild or captive is ok – no smaller in shot than example image though please!
- real is best.
A decoration would be ok I guess as long as it is clearly a reindeer. A plush toy would be ok. And by decoration I mean entirely synthetic not a taxidermist’s work.
- photographs. Of reindeer.
What is NOT Ok for this challenge.
- dead reindeer, stuffed or otherwise
- reindeer heads on someone’s wall. Yes, that counts as a dead reindeer.
- injured reindeer/any signs of cruelty.
- any other deer
- any work that is not, or no longer looks like, a photograph
- This list is not exhaustive and if something was clearly missed in that list, then the hosts reserve the right to add that to the list. Sadly we cannot predict every interpretation of a theme of a “photograph of a reindeer”.
As close to straight out of the camera as possible please. No composites at all. No superimposed images. This is the photography challenge group NOT the photoshop challenge group. Thanks!
WORK THAT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A PHOTOGRAPH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, even if it originally started as a photograph!!
- nothing that requires a safe filter, nothing that you wouldn’t show to your grandma or to a 5-year-old (I shouldn’t have to say this for this subject, but we had some surprises…)
- no writing on the images, this is still a photography challenge group, keep images with writing on them out of this, thank you (unless, of course, the writing is part of the subject)
Note: Please don’t be disheartened if your image is removed from the challenge, you can always ask us why that happened, but the usual answer starts with the challenge description – please read it :-)
Judging / Voting Criteria
Please vote for your favourite(s) that fit the theme, as many as they are. Every vote counts!!
Rewards & Prizes
- Bragging rights
- Banners for top ten ten photos
- Features for the Top 10 and 2 host choices (or as many from the top 10 that are in the group, plus the remaining places as ‘hosts’ choices’).
- Top ten (that submitted their work to the group!) will be invited to participate in next month’s Avatar challenge
- Please remember this is the photography challenge group :-)
- Works not added to the group cannot be featured when they end in the top 10 (‘computer says NO’). Adding to the group once the challenge is over will be too late. Please add your work to the group as you add it to the challenge! :-)
Cover Image: NorthCape Reindeer by ellismorleyphto