We’ve seen lovely photos of frost on natural things, from trees to spider webs etc. However, a lot of us spend our lives these days more around man-made things than around nature, and this shouldn’t deter us from seeing the beauty of nature – in small scale in this case.
- Full object in frame desirable, but not essential – see avatar (frost on our car roof)
- New work encouraged, but not essential – as long as you observe the other rules :-)
- Strictly no textures – if it even looks like it’s added texture or grain, please keep it for a different challenge. As close to STRAIGHT FROM THE CAMERA as possible, please
WORK THAT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A PHOTOGRAPH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, even if it originally started as a photograph!!
- as usual, please, no insects, arachnids or butterflies – thank you!
- also, nothing that requires a safe filter, nothing that you wouldn’t show to your grandma or to a 5-year-old (I shouldn’t have to say this for this subject, but we had some surprises…)
- no writing on the images, this is still a photography challenge group, keep images with added writing on them out of this, thank you (unless, of course, the writing is part of the subject)
Judging / Voting Criteria
Please vote for your favourite(s) that fit the theme, as many as they are. Every vote counts!
Rewards & Prizes
- Bragging rights
- Banners for top ten photos
- Features for the Top 10 and 2 host choices (or as many from the top 10 that are in the group, plus the remaining places as ‘hosts’ choices’).
- Top ten will be invited to participate in next month’s Avatar challenge
- Please remember this is the photography challenge group :-)
- Works not added to the group cannot be featured when they end in the top 10 (‘computer says NO’). Adding to the group once the challenge is over will be too late. Please add your work to the group as you add it to the challenge! :-)
Cover Image: Any guesses? by Themis