This is all about kites… the inanimate objects attached to a string that are flown by kids and big kids all around the world.
- kites as described only
- no birds that are also called kites
- no hang gliders, microlights, windsurfers, body surfers, wakeboarders etc this is all about the hand held kites where you stay firmly on the ground and let the kite do the soaring.
Can be the traditional diamond, the rainbow coloured delights (as pictured), box kites, shaped like a bird, bee, whatever (as long as it is safe for work there is no limit) but must fit the general “it’s a handheld kite” theme.
Can be on the floor, about to be launched or way up in the sky.
Can be just the kite or can see the people having fun (or frustration!) with it. Those people MUST be dressed, thank you.
Balloons and airships, while stringed, are not kites.
As close to straight out of the camera as possible please. No composites at all. No superimposed images. This is the photography challenge group NOT the photoshop challenge group. Thanks!
WORK THAT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A PHOTOGRAPH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, even if it originally started as a photograph!!
- nothing that requires a safe filter, nothing that you wouldn’t show to your grandma or to a 5-year-old (I shouldn’t have to say this for this subject, but we had some surprises…)
- no writing on the images, this is still a photography challenge group, keep images with writing on them out of this, thank you (unless, of course, the writing is part of the subject)
Note: Please don’t be disheartened if your image is removed from the challenge, you can always ask us why that happened, but the usual answer starts with the challenge description – please read it :-)
Judging / Voting Criteria
Please vote for your favourite(s) that fit the theme, as many as they are. Every vote counts!!
Rewards & Prizes
- Bragging rights
- Banners for top ten ten photos
- Features for the Top 10 and 2 host choices (or as many from the top 10 that are in the group, plus the remaining places as ‘hosts’ choices’).
- Top ten (that submitted their work to the group!) will be invited to participate in next month’s Avatar challenge
- Please remember this is the photography challenge group :-)
- Works not added to the group cannot be featured when they end in the top 10 (‘computer says NO’). Adding to the group once the challenge is over will be too late. Please add your work to the group as you add it to the challenge! :-)
Cover Image: St Kilda, Mate? Yeah it's That Way! by ellismorleyphto