For half the globe, now is the time of the year when leaves turn from the luscious green of summer to the sad brown of autumn. There are lots of challenges for the ‘bright colours of autumn’, but not so many for the more muted ones – here is your chance: prove to the world, that the subtle combinations are worth photographing too.
- New work, please – they are all around us at the moment. Add the date on the Description, anything taken in 2012 (been reminded that the Southern hemisphere autumn was earlier in the year) will be accepted, but NO DATE, NO ACCEPTANCE (you can always remove the date from the description after you won this challenge)
- Doesn’t have to be Macro, doesn’t have to be Landscape – but it has to be predominantly Nature and specifically Leaves and the dominant colours must be BOTH brown and green
WORK THAT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A PHOTOGRAPH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, even if it originally started as a photograph!!
(This avatar can come straight out a compact, so I really don’t want to see textures added to photos, sorry – there are whole groups dedicated to Textures, this is not one of them)
- as usual, please, no insects, arachnids or butterflies – thank you!
- also, nothing that requires a safe filter, nothing that you wouldn’t show to your grandma or to a 5-year-old (I shouldn’t have to say this for this subject, but we had some surprises…)
- no writing on the images, this is still a photography challenge group, keep images with added writing on them out of this, thank you (unless, of course, the writing is part of the subject)
Judging / Voting Criteria
Please vote for your favourite(s) that fit the theme, as many as they are. Every vote counts!
Rewards & Prizes
- Bragging rights
- Banners for top ten photos
- Features for the Top 10 and 2 host choices (or as many from the top 10 that are in the group, plus the remaining places as ‘hosts’ choices’).
- Top ten will be invited to participate in next month’s Avatar challenge
- Please remember this is the photography challenge group :-)
- Works not added to the group cannot be featured when they end in the top 10 (‘computer says NO’). Adding to the group once the challenge is over will be too late. Please add your work to the group as you add it to the challenge! :-)
Cover Image: Autumn by Themis