- As the title says. As the sun is getting lower every day in the northern hemisphere, and presumably not yet too high in the southern hemisphere, all you need is a few minutes of sunshine and a plant – this is your challenge for this week :-) Grab your camera!
- NO trees, NO animals, NO birds, NO humans etc. (if any of those are present, they should NOT be the subject of the photo) – those other things were seen in two other challenges in this group.
- Parts of a plant are OK, but no bigger than a small branch, for example – otherwise it would be a tree crown, so not OK. Size of tree doesn’t matter, it’s the principle that counts!
WORK THAT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A PHOTOGRAPH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, even if it originally started as a photograph!!
- as usual, please, no insects, arachnids or butterflies – thank you!
- also, nothing that requires a safe filter, nothing that you wouldn’t show to your grandma or to a 5-year-old (I shouldn’t have to say this for this subject, but we had some surprises…)
- no writing on the images, this is still a photography challenge group, keep images with added writing on them out of this, thank you (unless, of course, the writing is part of the subject)
Judging / Voting Criteria
Please vote for your favourite(s) that fit the theme, as many as they are. Every vote counts!
Rewards & Prizes
- Bragging rights
- Banners for top ten photos
- Features for the Top 10 and 2 host choices (or as many from the top 10 that are in the group, plus the remaining places as ‘hosts’ choices’).
- Top ten will be invited to participate in next month’s Avatar challenge
- Please remember this is the photography challenge group :-)
- Works not added to the group cannot be featured when they end in the top 10 (‘computer says NO’). Adding to the group once the challenge is over will be too late. Please add your work to the group as you add it to the challenge! :-)
Cover Image: Late, late afternoon abstract by Themis