I don’t recognise many flowers but I DO recognise foxgloves. What strikes me is how many different types there seem to me, the example photo from VIC, Australia for example was of a foxglove plant infinitely larger than any other I have seen.
Anyway this from Wkipedia Digitalis is a genus of about 20 species of herbaceous perennials, shrubs, and biennials commonly called foxgloves
- Just foxgloves
- ABSOLUTELY NO bugs/insects be it bees butterflies or anything else that has 0-100 legs/wings.
- NOT foxes
- If there are any other flowers at all in the shot they MUST be background or better still, bokeh style… would rather there are just foxgloves in the shot.
- Did I say not foxes? and NO bugs/insects, flying or otherwise. Thanks.
New work please – we can check the old challenges, you know :-)
As close to straight out of the camera as possible please. No composites at all. No superimposed images. This is the photography challenge group NOT the PhotoShop challenge group. Thanks!
WORK THAT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A PHOTOGRAPH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, even if it originally started as a photograph!!
- as usual, please, no insects, arachnids, snakes or butterflies – thank you!
- also, nothing that requires a safe filter, nothing that you wouldn’t show to your grandma or to a 5-year-old (I shouldn’t have to say this for this subject, but we had some surprises…)
- no writing on the images, this is still a photography challenge group, keep images with added writing on them out of this, thank you (unless, of course, the writing is part of the subject)
Judging / Voting Criteria
Please vote for your favourite(s) that fit the theme, as many as they are. Every vote counts!
Rewards & Prizes
- Bragging rights
- Banners for top ten photos
- Features for the Top 10 and 2 host choices (or as many from the top 10 that are in the group, plus the remaining places as ‘hosts’ choices’).
- Top ten will be invited to participate in next month’s Avatar challenge
- Please remember this is the photography challenge group :-)
- Works not added to the group cannot be featured when they end in the top 10 (‘computer says NO’). Adding to the group once the challenge is over will be too late. Please add your work to the group as you add it to the challenge! :-)
Cover Image: Giant Foxgloves by ellismorleyphto