- Must be well defined and be the subject of the photo (or make a major contribution), not just incidental.
- NO silhouettes,
- Not just shade
- No reflections on water, unless there are shadows in the photo as well
- New work please – we can check the old challenges, you know :-) And if you don’t have already a suitable photo, and if the sun doesn’t shine in your part of the world in the next 7 days, well, hopefully you have a lamp and a wall :-)
As close to straight out of the camera as possible please. No composites at all. No superimposed images. This is the photography challenge group NOT the PhotoShop challenge group. Thanks!
WORK THAT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A PHOTOGRAPH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, even if it originally started as a photograph!!
- as usual, please, no insects, arachnids or butterflies – thank you! (shouldn’t apply here, but…)
- also, nothing that requires a safe filter, nothing that you wouldn’t show to your grandma or to a 5-year-old (I shouldn’t have to say this for this subject, but we had some surprises…)
- no writing on the images, this is still a photography challenge group, keep images with added writing on them out of this, thank you (unless, of course, the writing is part of the subject)
Judging / Voting Criteria
Please vote for your favourite(s) that fit the theme, as many as they are. Every vote counts!
Rewards & Prizes
- Bragging rights
- Banners for top ten photos
- Features for the Top 10 and 2 host choices (or as many from the top 10 that are in the group, plus the remaining places as ‘hosts’ choices’).
- Top ten will be invited to participate in next month’s Avatar challenge
- Please remember this is the photography challenge group :-)
- Works not added to the group cannot be featured when they end in the top 10 (‘computer says NO’). Adding to the group once the challenge is over will be too late. Please add your work to the group as you add it to the challenge! :-)
Cover Image: "More powerful than the will to win is the courage to begin" by Duane Hart