Over a year ago we had a challenge for ‘just clouds’, nothing else. Now we want clouds AND some ground (you know, for scale :-)), like the lovely avatar on the right here (lightning optional!). The heavier the clouds, the better. Not just as a backdrop to the main subject, but the clouds being the main subject.
If I have to use a magnifying glass to see the ground under the clouds, or the clouds above the ground, I won’t and the image will be rejected no matter how beautiful. Pictures taken from a plane/balloon/glider will be accepted as long as both the clouds and the ground are clearly visible.
As close to straight out of the camera as possible please. No composites at all. No superimposed images. This is the photography challenge group NOT the PhotoShop challenge group. Thanks!
WORK THAT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A PHOTOGRAPH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, even if it originally started as a photograph!!
- as usual, please, no insects, arachnids or butterflies – thank you! (shouldn’t apply here, but…)
- also, nothing that requires a safe filter, nothing that you wouldn’t show to your grandma or to a 5-year-old (I shouldn’t have to say this for this subject, but we had some surprises…)
- no writing on the images, this is still a photography challenge group, keep images with added writing on them out of this, thank you (unless, of course, the writing is part of the subject)
Judging / Voting Criteria
Please vote for your favourite(s) that fit the theme, as many as they are. Every vote counts!
Rewards & Prizes
- Bragging rights
- Banners for top ten photos
- Features for the Top 10 and 2 host choices (or as many from the top 10 that are in the group, plus the remaining places as ‘hosts’ choices’).
- Top ten will be invited to participate in next month’s Avatar challenge
- Please remember this is the photography challenge group :-)
- Works not added to the group cannot be featured when they end in the top 10 (‘computer says NO’). Adding to the group once the challenge is over will be too late. Please add your work to the group as you add it to the challenge! :-)
Cover Image: Smoky Mountain Lightning by William C. Gla...