Electrical lamps only, please, and must be the focus of the photo. Chandeliers to reading lamps, any shape or brightness (so either lit or unlit) – the avatar should give you some idea (the cat is optional :-) ).
NO Christmas lights…
NO street lights seen from the inside of anything…
NO neon signs…
NO car headlamps photographed in the garage…
NO candles (if we have to squint to see if they’re electrical or wax, they’ll be out before you can say ‘phooo’!)
As close to straight out of the camera as possible please. No composites at all. No superimposed images. This is the photography challenge group NOT the PhotoShop challenge group. Thanks!
WORK THAT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A PHOTOGRAPH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, even if it originally started as a photograph!!
- as usual, please, no insects, arachnids or butterflies – thank you!
- also, nothing that requires a safe filter, nothing that you wouldn’t show to your grandma or to a 5-year-old (I shouldn’t have to say this for this subject, but we had some surprises…)
- no writing on the images, this is still a photography challenge group, keep images with added writing on them out of this, thank you (unless, of course, the writing is part of the subject)
Judging / Voting Criteria
Please vote for your favourite(s) that fit the theme, as many as they are. Every vote counts!
Rewards & Prizes
- Bragging rights
- Banners for top ten photos
- Features for the Top 10 and 2 host choices (or as many from the top 10 that are in the group, plus the remaining places as ‘hosts’ choices’).
- Top ten will be invited to participate in next month’s Avatar challenge
- Please remember this is the photography challenge group :-)
- Works not added to the group cannot be featured when they end in the top 10 (‘computer says NO’). Adding to the group once the challenge is over will be too late. Please add your work to the group as you add it to the challenge! :-)
Cover Image: Lamp with Cat by Bodil Kristine...