A photograph in which the shoe is the main focus of the photograph. Please make your photograph as close to “out of the camera” as possible. Basic touches including touch up, selective colouring etc are OK.
- A shoe, sandal, flipflop (thong), boot. (or 2, 3, 4 etc)
- Shoes that are on display (see picture), on the floor, on the sand etc… but let’s not make this a challenge about foot/leg models… ie no shoes that are being worn.
- It’s OK if these are adult shoes, kids shoes or even “fake” shoes (am thinking the one in Vegas or the metal ones on the banks of the Danube in Budapest) but they must be shoes designed for humans and NOT being worn.
Railway or other engineering shoes
- Photos where you cannot see that the bike is the main focus of the shot.
- Works that are not photos
- Nudity or other work needing safe filter… yes we have to put this on every challenge :-)
For this challenge, works that placed in the previous shoes challenge are OK but we would rather see new shots. :-)
Judging / Voting Criteria
Please vote for your favourite(s) that fit the theme, as many as they are. Every vote counts!
Rewards & Prizes
- Bragging rights
- Banners for top ten photos
- Features for the Top 10 and 2 host choices (or as many from the top 10 that are in the group, plus the remaining places as ‘hosts’ choices’).
- Top ten will be invited to participate in next month’s Avatar challenge.
The 2nd challenge that is “recycling” an old theme… please try to make this a new image (everyone here has shoes and a camera, right?!) or at least not one that previously won a challenge here.
- Please remember this is the photography challenge group :-)
- Works not added to the group cannot be featured when they end in the top 10 (‘computer says NO’). Adding to the group once the challenge is over will be too late. Please add your work to the group as you add it to the challenge! :-)
Cover Image: Fashion of Summer 2010 by Themis