Pink Panther Magazine--Feminist Art & Writing

A women's group, celebrating feminist art and writing

*Pink Panther Magazine* - Issue 11 out today

Anna Shaw Anna Shaw 7360 posts

Did we lose our heads whilst we were shopping? What has happened to feminism and where have all the interesting women gone? Why do so many women shy away from feminism? These are the themes that run through Pink Panther this month, alongside evocative art and poetry from our redbubble community.

You can view,download or buy a printed copy from Magcloud
(There is a special Mother’s Day offer on the mag at the moment so it only costs $9.75. The quality of the printed version is outstanding.)

If you want to read or download the magazine with active hyperlinks – go HERE

Please feel able to journal, facebook, twitter and blog the magazine.

I hope you will enjoy it as much as we at Team Panther have enjoyed creating it.

Anna, Jenifer, Virgo, Helen and Sue.

xx

lisameryl lisameryl 199 posts

Anna, Jenifer, Virgo, Helen and Sue,

Thank you all for publishing me and my write Mother Earth in your fabulous magazine. I’m excited, honoured, humbled and appreciative. It was a pleasure viewing the great layout, content, colour and all those published. Congratulations to everyone involved and published.

I love and appreciate what you wrote about me. Thank you very much, for it’s indeed all true:

“Humanity, in all of its bittersweet forms, is the heartbeat of Lisa’s poetry. Her zest for life and living to its fullest translates through her craft. She’s a true romantic soul who craves human connection like she needs air, and isn’t content with anything less.”

Sincerely,
Lisa XO

KIK KIK KIK KIK 145 posts

Anna, Jenifer, Virgo, Helen and Sue…bravo…i have always big interes about Pink Panther Magazine.
Congratulations to everyone involved and published.
My Respect
Kasia~

Jenifer DeBellis Jenifer DeBellis 1312 posts

I’m glad you like it, Lisa. And thanks Kasia, as well. It’s hard to go wrong when you get to work with such amazing artists and writers. xox

autumnwind autumnwind 7874 posts

You’ve done it again! Congrats to all of you beautiful, talented hosts and to all the amazing and brilliant published artists! Cannot wait to devour this issue! BRAVO and HUGS TO ALL! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

I love it when you love it!!!

xx

Alenka Co Alenka Co 386 posts

Thank you …. it’s an honour. So this is what it feels like to be published :)

A beautiful magazine … still stunned to see my image in it.

Alenka

Sally Omar Sally Omar 963 posts

Thank you so much for including “pieces of me” in this absolutely incredible issue…I am honoured to be chosen along with so many
talented women, whose work always touches my heart and weaves its way into my soul!!! xo

rodeorose rodeorose 1559 posts

Congratulations Anna and Team! I look forward to the print version arriving as I was so impressed with the last one- looks like a fabulous collection of articles!

Carmen Holly Carmen Holly 249 posts

I so enjoyed the magazine today. From the front cover to the really cool back cover! I was so happy to see the article of Helen’s on War Rape. This is something that needs to be addressed in the news so much more & the need is urgent. It seems nothing is ever done about these terrible crimes against women & children.
The Photography section was just awesome. All of the art.
Thank you for including my creation “Secrets of My Soul You will Never Understand… Angry Red, Passion Blue but mostly shades of Green.” An honor to be in the Magazine again.
It seems not so long ago that the very first issue came to be & now #11. Cool! Great work ladies. You make us proud!
Hugz
Carmen

becca2425 becca2425 11 posts

Thank you so much for including “Freedom Cry the young lady who in the photo is my younger sister Jessica she is ((24)) ” in this absolutely incredible issue…I am honoured to be chosen along with so many
talented women, I never dear belive that I can be any good, at anything, but photography is my passion and huge part of my life. Anna, Jenifer, Virgo, Helen and Sue Thank you , mostly HUGE Thank you to Anna, thank you so much. For everything, …. it’s an huge honour for me. Again Thank you I love everything about this magazine. Rebecca

BettyHermann BettyHermann 4716 posts

My heartfelt THANKS to our wonderful, wonderful hosts for including my painting Freedom – The Treasure…, in this AMAZING issue. I am really, really thrilled by this HONOR.

The Magazine is GORGEOUS!!!! Huge CONGRATULATIONS to you dear Anna and to your fantastic Team!

Congratulations to all my fellow wonderfully talented artists whose creations are published!!!

Elisabeta Hermann

Sukhwinder Flora Sukhwinder Flora 29 posts

Wow, this is such a wondeful thing to be a part of!!! Got me very emotional when i was showing my sister! I will be buying a copy and having a good look through in the next few days as it is bed time here in Manchester. It looks amazing. Truley honoured indeed. Many many many thanks to you and the team!!!!!!! xxxxx and congratulations to all the artists involved!!! xxxxxxxx

Tammera Tammera 1221 posts

WOW….
WHERE TO BEGIN….
EACH ISSUE OF PINK PANTHER BECOMES MORE POWERFUL

…AND MORE TO DIGEST…
I FIND IT DIFFICULT TO FACE SO MANY OF THE ABUSE ISSUES IN THE POETRY, AND YET IT IS LIKE A VOICE CRYING OUT FROM WITHIN ME, ALL THE THINGS I CANNOT PUT TO PAPER. I FIND MYSELF WHIRLING THROUGH EMOTIONS AND DIZZIED BY IT ALL…

YET THE STRENGTH AND TRUTH IS A NECESSITY, AND THE VISUALS ARE CAUSE FOR SOME RELIEF, EVEN IF PAINFUL.

TRUTH IS OFTEN A FRIGHTENING AND OVERWHELMING THING. YET IT IS ONLY IN TRUTH THAT FREEDOM IS TO BE REACHED.

I SO APPRECIATED HELEN’S WRITING ON WAR TIME RAPE. HAVING SPOTLITE DEFFINATELY IS A GOOD THING “WOMENS BODIES ARE THE SCORECARDS” VERY VERY POWERFUL.

I MOST ESPECIALLY LOVE THE JUXTAPOSITINING OF HELENA’S WONDERFUL ARTWORK TO HELEN’S WRITING….
….GAVE AN UPLIFTING HOPE TO THE HEAVINESS OF THE SUBJECT MATTER…

I ENJOYED VIRGOSUN’S WONDERFUL ARTE. MOST ESPECIALLY
1. L’EYE (LIE)
2. BORN IN STEEL
3. EMERGENCE
….AND "THE ONLY ESCAPE IS INWARD’ HELD GREAT PERSONAL DIGNIFIGANCE FOR ME…..THANK YOU

’DID WE LOOSE OUR HEADS WHILE SHOPPING"…I HAVE FOUND MYSELF ASKING THOSE VERY SAME THINGS ABOUT THE YOUNGER GENERATION…
AND AM SO PLEASE TO HAVE SEEN THE LISTING IN THE BACK SEEMS TO ANSWER THIS ARTICLE…
’IF YOU ARE FEMALE"…
WHAT A GREAT LISTING!

A GREAT "SECRETS OF THE SOUL’ SECTION

….AND DEB RHODES POETRY JUST SLAYED ME ALTOGETHER AND IN PIECES…
I FOUND IT A VERY DIFFICULT READ BUT VERY WORTHWILE
AND FOUND MYSELF RE-READINGMANY SECTIONS OVER AGAIN…

I TRULY ENJOYED ELENA LATELA’S ARTWORK AND THOROUGHLY APPRECIATED THE COMMENTARIES ABOUT HER WORK…
….I FOUND MYSELF WISHING MORE OF THEM HAD COMMENTARY AS IT WAS SO VERY INSIGHTFUL.

I KNOW I HAVEN’T MENTIONED ALL THE ARTISTS….BUT I DID ENJOY
I HAVE ONLY HIGHLIGHTED WHAT STRUCK HARD AT ME…

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE WONDERFUL WORKS AND ARTISTS
TRULY DESERVING OF PINK PANTHER PUBLISHING…

A TRULY REMARKABLE ISSUE…
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE PINK PANTHER TEAM
YOU ALL DESERVE A STANDING OVATION.

Congratulations indeed. I just ordered my copy today! Now the waiting begins. :)

This feedback is so important to me and the team – and I thank you all for it.
Tammera – I am especially grateful for your thoughtful and full comment. We rarely hear what people think of the actual articles – and so this has been a treat to read. Thank you so much.

xx
Anna

liesbeth liesbeth 764 posts

It will take me some time to work through the whole magazine so this time i ordered a copy..can’t wait to receive it.. so many great pieces of heART in it.. the poems and articles..

as for the; ‘did we loose our heads while shopping’…. i received a very interesting link from a close friend.. and maybe this could interest some of the women here as well…

“We women are at an extraordinary crossroads. So many of us feel the pull of destiny, the desire to contribute in deeper and more meaningful ways at work, in our relationships, and to LIFE itself. Often we think of this desire as a personal longing that leaves us with a sense of dissatisfaction with our lives and uncertainty about how to move forward.

But if we only think about this longing as personal, or as a problem, we miss something really important: That longing isn’t simply a personal matter. It’s much bigger than that. Think of it as a call from the future. You and all of us with the ears to hear are being called by history to write the next chapter through our own transformation as women. You are being compelled to discover your deepest purpose not only to guide your own life but also to change the trajectory of history………"
Read more here this is about a course… i’m not trying to ‘sell’ it..but just think that it can be part of change…

Oh yeah, do I feel that enigmatic pull, alright! And prophetic is this call that encourages us from the future to boldly step into realms and realities never traversed by our feet before. I feel it keeping tempo in my heartbeat, and even though my mind often tries to fill me with the fear of this unknown, there is a greater excitement that overpowers these urges. It’s often the only driving force moving me through difficult days. A sort of promise of reward that I can feel in the very fibers of my existance. So here’s to changing history, one brave woman at a time.

Thanks for sharing this. I’ll have to come back later to read the link attachment, but when I do, I’ll definitely share my thoughts. xox

@ Liesbeth – what a profound and interesting post. I am off to look at the course now.

@ jenifer – you are truly amazing!!!

FilleDeLEau FilleDeLEau 58 posts

Congratulation to all the fabulous Pink Panther Team for their gorgeous work!
It’s a pleasure to flip through the pages of the magazine, so many talent artist to discover, so many beautiful poems to read…it’s really an excellent work. You’re rock girls!
It’s a great honor to me to be a part of this magazine, I never was so excited like now!!! :)
I’m going to order my copy now so then I can read all the articles with calm,
Again many many thanks to Virgo, Jenifer, Sue, Helen and especially to Anna which has supported me always!
Congratulations to all the artists involved also!

Big hugs to all!
xxxElena

Valentina D Valentina D 8 posts

Congratulations to the whole team on this truly superb publication.To say I feel proud,honoured and fortunate to be included (5 poems..I really can’t believe it !!) in this beautifully presented collection of female wisdom and creativity is a huge understatement . Thank you ! Thank you! Thank you ! to all but especially to Jenifer for her thoughtful , insightful and very flattering editorial and to Anna for so much !!…..but especially in this instance for your amazing laying out talent because I so love how Syibil’s pieces so beautifully connect with my work (though Anna I am most grateful for your unwavering support of my work and can never thank you enough ).

Congratulations also to my fellow artist and writers included in this issue …as I look at all the talent in here I feel so incredibly proud to be a woman . Just when I thought this publication has reached incredible heights of professionalism and artistry it seems to get even better in the next issue .. BRAVO to all .
Much love to you all . Valentina xxoo
P.S I am ordering some (undisclosed number ) of hard copies for posterity ,my mother,my other nearest and dearest and me :) :)

SimplyRed SimplyRed 567 posts

Well done to all at Pink Panther a great magazine and am waiting patiently for my 1st copy to arrive :))) and thank you for the honour of including one of my pieces of work …xx

I wish you all could see the smile I wear while reading these wonderful contributions. :) Thank you for that. xox

Fille, Valentina and Simply Red, – that is music to my ears. Fabulous. Thank you so much for your lovey, thoughtful comments and I am so thrilled that you are happy with the features.
xx

TatumWulff TatumWulff 3360 posts

Such an excellent issue, with fantastic write ups!!! I loved reading Berns’ write up and am glad she was featured in this edition as her work deserves the exposure.

Thank you so much also, for featuring my work in this edition. It is an truly an honor and I am forever grateful!!!! ;-))

I plan to buy one as well…

Is this the first edition that is available for purchase, or are the previous ones also available ??

Thank you PP!!!!!! XXOO