Photographers of RedBubble [*ONE/Day - a 24-hour period, NO HDR, NO Photomatix, NO TONE MAPPING, NO textures, NO Topaz, NO Orton, and NO layers]

A Home for RedBubble Photographers [*ONE/Day - a 24-hour period, NO HDR, NO Photomatix, NO TONE MAPPING, NO textures, NO Topaz, NO Orton, and NO layers]

Rules interpretation

Puggs Puggs 282 posts

I have been getting some messages about works that have been rejected of late. People have also commented that previously such shots were accepted. So to clarify on Xmas day Grace and I took over the group and wrote some new rules. These rules apply to all works submitted to the group from that date on.

The basic directions of the rules is that well thought out shot, you frame the main subject well, it isn’t cropped off at the top, bottom or any other side. Lighting and Exposure should be good. It should look like how it did on the day (or how you remember it).

The no post production filters doesn’t mean you can’t correct exposure, or you can’t correct a tilt (I always tilt 1-2* clockwise), or that you can’t crop. You are even able to do localised exposure corrections (eg a small area exposure correction) as this was done in darkrooms for film photography.

I hope this clarifies the rules a bit more. Please feel free to bMail me if you want more of an explanation.

Regards Puggs

Gregory Collins Gregory Collins 55 posts

Just wanted to ask, in the earlier post, it was stated no textures, which I might add if I may you can do in the dark room with two negatives. One question I do have is solarazations….this too can be done in the dark room. Thanks for the great work you hosts do!

Puggs Puggs 282 posts

Hi Gregory

Good point, but i will quote this again “It should look like how it did on the day (or how you remember it).” to answer the question…

Regards Puggs

zpawpaw zpawpaw 323 posts

Hi Puggs, just joined your group and just had a question for you prior to posting any photos! Do you allow photos with photographers name on them? Just wanted to know before posting! Thanks so much and I will wait for a response before proceeding!….Jerry

Puggs Puggs 282 posts

Hi Jerry

Yes we do, we changed the rules to allow that as well as copy right and location, but not verses from poems and such…

Puggs

NinaOswald NinaOswald 5 posts

Good evening Puggs, I’m new to all of this, soooo how do I get my photo onto/into this site? Nina

Puggs Puggs 282 posts

Hi

Check this help article Adding to Groups

Puggs

Gene Walls Gene Walls 199 posts

Puggs,

I wanted to submit a journal, that is a detailed tutorial about inspecting lenses for internal fungus growth. I thought this article might be of interest to members of the group. When I tried to submit my work, the group’s check box had a note next to it that says the “not accepting journals”. Was this submission option deleted from the group’s new guidelines?

http://www.redbubble.com/people/profaudio/journ...

Thanks,

Gene

Puggs Puggs 282 posts

Hi Gene

We just re-opened the group, try now…

Puggs

Gene Walls Gene Walls 199 posts

That did the trick! Much appreciated.

Thanks,

Gene

Dee Belanger Dee Belanger 4 posts

I just joined and want to put a photo on. Have no idea how to do so. Please help!
Dee Belanger aka seanymph1251 aka Denise Belanger

Puggs Puggs 282 posts

Hi Dee

4 posts up from yours is a post about Adding to Groups click the link and it will tell you…

Puggs

Shane Jones Shane Jones 190 posts

Hello Puggs,

I just joined the group and was wondering if IR photos taken with R72 Filter or the like are allowed. Obviously there is some post to get the ‘’ red’’ out. No software filters are used on any that I would submit.

Thanks,
Shane

Puggs Puggs 282 posts

Hi

There are already IR work in the group, there is also an IR group somewhere around….

Puggs

Rene Hales Rene Hales 830 posts

I have a question about the acceptance of alt-process printing. The painting of the emulsion in palladium prints gives the effect of a frame. See Greenway in Brown but his is merely how you print with this process. If alt-processes are not acceptable in the group, I will not submit any in the future. But, I did not think this image violated the rules.

Thanks for your help in understanding.
Rene