Digital Art Mastery

A place for work by digital artists at the top of their game

IMPORTANT - ATTRIBUTION & COPYRIGHT (locked)

Colleen Milburn Colleen Milburn 5831 posts

Digital Artists United strongly believes in artists giving credit where it’s rightfully, legally and morally due. There’s been some talk lately in RB’s general forums about this subject, so I thought members should be reminded of the import of attribution.

In short, an artist is required to CREDIT and LINK to a work or works that were used in the making of their own work, where that requirement has been stipulated.

Most of our members do it, but I’ve noticed lately that some don’t. Most of the time it is obvious when a stock image or images have been used, however not always. We want to trust that an artist who embarks on using other artist’s stock, or images that have been made available for public use, does the right thing.

I understand for some it may be naivety on the artist’s part, and unfortunately in a few cases, fraud. So please take the time to familiarise yourself with the details HERE.

As group hosts, we can’t always go into each work and check for proper attribution as moderation in that detail would take a long time. So we have to trust you, and we believe in the vast majority of cases that trust is well placed. Any work that we find is not properly attributed will be rejected or removed and, if required, reported to RB for copyright violation.

Members should not be disturbed by this, but comforted. I would hate for any of you to be in a position of someone else using your work and not attributing you correctly.

Cheers
Colleen & David