Abstract Impressionism in Nature (Macro Photos of shapes & textures)

Colours and textures in nature that leave an impression of something other than what it is!

Challenge 4 (locked)

Kathie Nichols Kathie Nichols 3642 posts

- Submit one Photograph, a close-up or macro from a LEAF, WITH THE LOOK OF AN ABSTRACT LANDSCAPE, IT MUST NOT LOOK LIKE THE PHOTO HAS COME FROM A LEAF, SEE EXAMPLE BELOW and it must be a NEW PHOTO! SO YOU HAVE TO GO OUT AND SHOOT SOMETHING NEW, NOT FROM YOUR FILES. Example:

If you can’t photograph close up, I think you’ll have to find a BIG LEAF, LOL. The Title must suit the photograph with a few words in the description box with interpretation of what you see, eg Title: A Lone tree in a storm….. If you know what sort of tree the leaf is from please write that also and where you found it

A little tip: If you adjust the contrast a little to your photo, it makes it appear a little more like a painting, but still looks like a photo.

- One entry per member
- Photo must be submitted to the group for approval
- PLEASE READ ALL THE GUIDELINES BELOW BEFORE TAGGING YOUR WORK AND SUBMITTING TO GROUP!

- Tag your image NMCchallenge4

- I’ll select the finalists that I think best fit the challenge and post in our forum, no names, each finalist will have a number.

- To vote send me a Bubblemail with the image number.(Votes posted in journals will not be counted. I’ll send a Bubblemail to everyone when I have chosen the finalists)

- The winning entry will be posted on our overview page as our Avatar for the month of November with a link to our forum with a short interview.

- The winning entry will also be sent by BM to all members (over 600) announcing the winner.

- Entries will close 27th October 9pm EST, voting commences 28th October ending 31st October 9pm EST.

- All finalists and myself are excluded from voting

- You CANNOT post journals, or into forums, asking people to vote for you. This action will result in your entry being disqualified. Although we cannot prevent you from sending private mail to people asking them to vote, we would like to think that nobody would actually do this – also remember that it is NOT allowed and someone may let us know you have done it!

- You CANNOT post in this forum or any forum, revealing which number image is yours. This action will result in your entry being disqualified.

- You MUST be a member of Natures Macro Canvas to vote, and you must have joined before this voting was opened. You may join at any time if you are a non member, but for new members joining after this vote was opened – your vote will not be included this time.

-You may vote ONLY once and please don’t vote for yourself lol!

REMEMBER…….. You can adjust contrast and saturate colours a LITTLE, but not too much over manipulation so it still remains natural, not too computer generated looking.

- You can change your entry if you like before the closing date. Just remove the tag from the entry that you no longer wish to remain.

- Remember, macro or very close up shots only.

Any questions regarding the Challenge can be posted in the previous Forum “Challenges and Ideas”. Or you can Bubblemail me!