The first in our new challenge layout catering for all aspects of nature for us nature lovers.
As you can see the title will start with the category which will make it easier for me when choosing what challenge to do next, I can see the challenges I have already run in this category.
For this challenge please add your images of WETLANDS.
> A wetland is an area of land whose soil is saturated with moisture either permanently or seasonally.
> The world’s largest wetland is the Pantanal which straddles Brazil, Bolivia and Paraguay in South America.
> Such areas may also be covered partially or completely by shallow pools of water.
> Wetlands include swamps, marshes, and bogs, among others. The water found in wetlands can be saltwater, freshwater, or brackish.
> There are five main types of wetlands:
· Marine – not influenced by river flows (e.g., shorelines and coral reefs).
· Estuarine – where rivers meet the sea and salinity is intermediate between salt and freshwater (e.g., mangroves, mudflats).
· Riverine – land periodically inundated by river overtopping (e.g., flooded forests and floodplains).
· Palustrine – where there is more or less permanent water (e.g., freshwater marshes).
· Lacustrine – areas of permanent water with little flow (e.g., ponds).
Vote for your favourite.
1st place winners will have their photo used as the group Avatar for a period of time.
Then 1st, 2nd and 3rd will have their photo’s permanently posted on the groups Feature Board.
1st place member will be become a featured member.
ENTRIES MUST BE ADDED TO THE GROUP FIRST OR BE DELETED FROM THE CHALLENGE.