Standard Shipping for delivery by Dec 24 has ended. Most products available with Express Shipping.

Minimalism - Visual Purity 1p.d.

Minimalism (wikipedia definition) .

Help me understand...

George Parapadakis (monocotylidono) George Parapad... 707 posts

Hello all,

I’m not so much interested in challenging the moderators’ decision, as in understanding the definition of “Minimalism” used in the group. I posted this image, which was rejected:

I thought that it complied with the definition, so I would be interested to know why this ISN’T a minimalist image. It’s clearly a bottle, and there are no other distractions.

Many thanks
George

Irena Hayes Irena Hayes 2 posts

I don’t mean to be rude, but I don’t see what you’ve taken an image of. It looks like a hook but I cannot be sure. Maybe that’s the problem here.
Irena

Thanks Irena,
If you click on the thumbnail above you will see the bigger image. It’s the neck and outline of a blue water bottle. it seemed obvious to me but maybe it’s too abstract for other people… Is that the case?

rita vita finzi rita vita finzi 16 posts

yes, I clearly see a bottle, too .. and yes, in my opinion this could be a minimalist image .. :-)

Thanks Rita!

Ursula Rodgers Ursula Rodgers 416 posts

Hi George, it looks minimalist to me…and I can also see a bottle :) It’s a great shot!

Thanks Ursula – That’s 2 for and 1 against so far… Any more thoughts?

Nathalie Chaput Nathalie Chaput 123 posts

Minimalist too me too George! Dunno why it was rejected!!

Many thanks Nathalie

Irena Hayes Irena Hayes 2 posts

Thanks George,
I can barely see it now, I’m surprised how others saw it and I couldn’t. For me this image would probably work much better on a larger scale than only viewing it on a small screen. Agree with all … it’s a nice and simple shot though.

Irena

TeAnne TeAnne 100 posts

I love this and I see what it is. Very minimalist too.

TeAnne TeAnne 100 posts

I am still waiting to be accepted after I posted one nearly 2 weeks ago. It got kicked out of the challenge because it wasn’t in the group. I guess.