- Our aim is to display THE BEST of the beautiful state of Michigan.
From the very mysterious and historic Lake Superior at the north side of the Upper Peninsula to the gorgeous State parks and exhilarating ski resorts that litter this great state, Michigan has everything a vacationer or year round resident could ask for.
We want to see your photos of what makes this state beautiful.
1. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT PHOTOS THAT WERE NOT TAKEN IN MICHIGAN! PLEASE PROVIDE US WITH THE LOCATION YOUR PHOTO WAS TAKEN IN YOUR TITLE AND/OR DESCRIPTION.
Your photo description MUST tell the general location of where you were shooting (the name of the city, town, county, or surrounding area). If location is not included, your work will be removed.
2.NO INDOOR PHOTOGRAPHY/ART PLEASE.
The only time indoor photography/art is acceptable is when it’s of a window and you can clearly see the outdoor landscape through the window.
3. Only submit works you are proud of. If you wouldn’t hang it on your wall, then don’t post it. If it doesn’t represent the state, don’t post it.
4. All images containing nudity or partial nudity will be REMOVED as they do not represent Michigan
5. Do NOT submit people, pets, or zoo animals if they take up more than 50% of the shot. People and pets playing and enjoying the outdoors are OK, as long as you can see that they are outdoors.
NO close-ups or macros of people, pets, or zoo animals.
6. This is not a dumping ground, please only submit your best work.
- Images manipulated with software programs, are fine, providing the image still represents Michigan. HDR is accepted as well, as long as it’s not overdone. Try to keep it natural.
- Images may be deleted/removed if they do not comply with or meet the
standards of this group.
- There is no uploading limit at the time being, but try not to load more than 3-4 images a day. We’d like everyone to have a chance to get their work seen on the front page.
- Any photographer/artist whom wishes to display their work of Michigan is welcome. You don’t have to live in Michigan to post to the group, just as long as the photos you post were taken in Michigan. Visitors Welcome!
- T-shirts are welcome, as long as they follow ALL other group rules, they will be deleted without notice if the moderators feel they do not fit into the group.
- REMINDER – PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT PHOTOS THAT WERE NOT TAKEN IN MICHIGAN! REMEMBER TO PROVIDE US WITH THE LOCATION YOUR PHOTO WAS TAKEN IN YOUR TITLE AND/OR DESCRIPTION, THANK YOU!