Shop

Melbourne & Victoria

Meet and collaborate with other local artists, find out what’s on, and show the world that Melbourne is an arts capital by uploading your very best artwork.

December writers' meeting

bellmusker bellmusker 1272 posts

Hello all,

Just letting you know that due to conflicting timetables, the meeting this weekend (December 2nd) will be cancelled. I apologise if this inconveniences anyone but as no-one has mailed me to say they’re coming anyway, I figured this was the best move to make.

To be honest, interest in the meetings has dwindled to the point where I’m questioning even continuing them. It would be a sad day indeed to cancel the writers’ meetings, as it seems the only part of the Melbourne and Victoria group that’s currently active, and we’ve been holding these meetings for five years now. But although this forum gets plenty of views, what’s extremely low is participation, so much so that I’m not sure there’s any point continuing.

Lisa is determined to continue and is trying to persuade me, but I’d also be interested in hearing YOUR opinions, given that you’ve clicked on this thread in the first place.

If you’re not comfortable leaving your thoughts in a public forum, feel free to bmail me instead…or as well.

AmandaWitt AmandaWitt 43422 posts

I’d like to see them keep going.

juddarwin juddarwin 27 posts

i’ve always been interestewd but been unable to attend which’d be the same for many. Would have liked to
have parrticipated/contributed by email, as i’m sure many would, redbubble being world wide: this could go as far as
the annual papers of

Lisa  Jewell Lisa Jewell 3119 posts

You know my desire is to keep them going…X

AmandaWitt AmandaWitt 43422 posts

I’m just wondering if the Northcote locale is part of the problem, but since no one else has said that or asked for a city meeting, etc, I don’t know. Just wondering. I know it’s a factor sometimes in my decision as it’s an extra 20-30 mins travel both ways.

bellmusker bellmusker 1272 posts

I don’t think that’s the problem, Amanda…Over two dozen people have clicked on this thread, yet they don’t bother commenting, or coming to the meetings. The real problem, and with RB in general these days, seems to be apathy.

Michael Alesich Michael Alesich 447 posts

Hey Bell, sorry to not respond earlier but while I’d like to keep them going I can’t promise to be there regularly.

As you well know, the Melbourne group, in general, has quietened down to barely a murmur and this section is the loudest by far.
I have a large fondness for mulled wine at the Wesley Anne with yourself and many others but we also have discussed what I thought might work for it.