Make a wish. Was it 20% off everything? Hope so. Use HAPPY20

Traditional, Photographic and Digital Art – gallery quality only.

06-14-11...FEATURES: "RED"

© Kira Bodensted © Kira Bodensted 4193 posts

Red is HOT. It’s a strong colour that conjures up a range of seemingly conflicting emotions from passionate love to violence and warfare.
Red is Cupid and the Devil.
In some cultures, red denotes purity, joy, and celebration. Red is the colour of happiness and prosperity in China and may be used to attract good luck. Red is often the colour worn by brides in the East while it is the colour of mourning in South Africa. ,,,,,In Russia the Bolsheviks used a red flag when they overthrew the Tsar, thus red became associated with communism. Many national flags use red. Here is mine …

And here is today’s featured selection of very RED pictures – on this I’m with the Chinese …may they only evoke happiness and love and such.
Excellent work all – THANK YOU!

FYI: All images are chosen for their image quality…not by Artist names. Artists may receive more than one feature at a time, if their image meets the theme & judging requirements.

Have a fabulous and creative week and keep the quality work coming
Kira ☺

Carol and Mike Werner Carol and Mike... 1042 posts

A gorgeous selection of images, Kira . . . many congrats to all the featured artists.

DeborahZaragoza DeborahZaragoza 315 posts

Beautiful works of art and love the way you displayed them!!!

pat gamwell pat gamwell 2539 posts

Hot…Hot…Hot!!!!! OUTSTANDING collection….professionally presented! WTG!

Sally Griffin Sally Griffin 3727 posts

Yikes, on FIRE!! Congrats to everyone!! I agree, enjoy the presentation…

Clare Colins Clare Colins 747 posts

What a great collection. Many thanks and congratulations to all,

Rosehaven Rosehaven 1632 posts

Wonderful works so beautifully presented , the red is glorious ! CONGRATULATIONS all Artists , your work is inspiring and fabulous ! .Kira this gallery is so vibrant and warm , luscious and welcoming , Thank you so much

✿✿ Bonita ✿✿ ђєℓℓσ ✿✿ Bonita ✿✿ ђ... 10454 posts

Beautiful Pictures and Works of Art Beautiful layout Kira with your style and flare Nicely done by all…hugs