Impressionism Café - HANDMADE Art ONLY

Artist's Café - Artists from around the world, please join us and display your beautiful HANDMADE ART!!! This is one of the World's Best Galleries of: paintings, drawings and digital paintings

Featured Artworks - 11 September 2011

myrrhage myrrhage 843 posts

. . . . .
. . . . .
CONGRATULATIONS Impressionism Cafe Members, whose BEAUTIFUL artworks are Featured today!
Dear members,
I’ve been at this all day, putting together a set of artworks that will add a small commemoration to this 10th anniversary of that horrible day in 2001. I tried to find pieces that represented the day itself, but when those were hard to find, I started looking deeper. Images of hope and healing, of peace and war, of the chaos and pain in which we find ourselves… but also of a dream for something better for our children and our children’s children. It has been hard to keep going today, as I find myself grieving all over again. Words cannot express the deep sadness I feel remembering all who were lost. Doing these features has helped me immensely, though.

So, thank you all for being such wonderful members of this little community. Your creativity brings a smile to my face every day. It is an honor to be the host of such an amazing group of people.

A Peaceful World for our Children!
by Elisabeta Hermann

Twin Towers
by alan carlson

Dream of our souls awake
by Regina Valluzzi

Our War: Day 01-20100801
by Cara Schingeck

Winds of Wars
by Reynaldo

Seeing Clearly
by Jay Taylor

The Dreaming Tree
by Cathy Gilday

Red Soldier
by Anthea Slade

‘Healing’
by Jerry Kirk

Unity
by Wojtek Kowalski

Lest We Forget
by Dianne Ilka

Dawn City
by Adam Bogusz

Peace, Love, and Happiness to ALL of you
Your Host,
Miriam Morgan

September 11, 2011

Shani Sohn Shani Sohn 1051 posts

Congratulations to all the featured artists!

Shani Sohn Shani Sohn 1051 posts

Congratulations to all the featured artists!

adambogusz adambogusz 78 posts

thank you so much to the group for featuring Dawn City and congratulations to all the other artists too :)

Reynaldo Reynaldo 202 posts

congratulations all so very talented peers great job Miriam

nellaevad nellaevad 640 posts

congratulations to all

Cathy Gilday Cathy Gilday 410 posts

Thank you Miriam, for featuring my Dreaming Tree in this way. I wrote the poem when my life and health was in turmoil and it was meant to express hope and peace. When I read your post, regarding this commemoration, my heart sank and my eyes filled with tears. This is indeed a difficult day for all, worldwide. Congratulations to all artists included in this meaningful feature.

BettyHermann BettyHermann 4936 posts

My dear Miriam,
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for including my painting A Peaceful World for our Children! in such a beautiful and memorable collection of FEATURES.
Your beautiful write up about the remembrance of the very sad event 9/11 really touched my heart and brought tears in my eyes.

My heartfelt CONGRATULATIONS to all my wonderfully talented fellow artists whose EXCELLENT WORKS are FEATURED here!!!

Jay Taylor Jay Taylor 246 posts

Miriam, you have collated a beautiful, meaningful collection of works here, and I am honoured to have ‘Seeing Clearly’ be a part of it. I remember that day SO clearly: it was a terrible, traumatic time both in the collective human psyche and for each of us as individuals. We can and must heal from it, but I do feel strongly that ONLY by seeing clearly will we ever escape from the awful, self-perpetuating, anti-life dramas we create as a collective and individually. When we stick to the facts, and deal with them courageously from our hearts and guided our true feelings, we begin to bring truth into our little corner of the universe, and the light of that truth begins to shine out upon the world of man, making it fundamentally more honest, more true and more real. It is up to each individual to remove that plank from our own eye which blinds us to the truth of our own power to change reality… xxx to you, Jay