Slip into something a little more — not mass produced. Find your look

ISODIAWD

Drawing and Illustration HQ

Drawing Jam #7- Iskamontero

Anita Inverarity Anita Inverarity 4312 posts

Introducing Iskamontero our newest model for our drawing Jam. A host of really wonderful photos for you to choose from. Be inspired :))

As always you have the oppertunity to draw for fun and also if you wish to enter the twin challenge over at Bubblers Portraits here..Iskamontero Challenge

add an oriental feel…

and a bit of fantasy haha!

Ray Jackson Ray Jackson 737 posts

O K . let me be the first ,here’s
ISKA .

© Karin Taylor © Karin Taylor 3784 posts

fantastic work razar1 :) i love the expression and her beautiful skin tones and textures…the colours are really lovely and it’s soft.

Wonderful Razar- Thank youuuuuuuuuuu for being first :)) Beautifully done,great likeness and I really like the swirl of the impressionistic flowers in the background too. Nice one !

Thank you both, Karin and Anita,I’m glade you like this work.

noone265 noone265 132 posts

ooh you’ve captured her expression perfectly. Fab

dinkydivas dinkydivas 5 posts

I hope that worked, I’ve never posted a pic within a message on Red Bubble before…

This is a double first, my first drawing jam and my first attempt at ever using actual, real watercolours rather than digital ones!

Hi DinkyDivas- Welcome to your first drawing jam :))) Beautiful piece, I think the watercolours make the scene very tranquil, amazing for your first use of the medium and a wonderful likeness too, a lot of detail there.
Hope you will enter the challenge over at Bubblers Portraits too :))) xx

iskamontero iskamontero 48 posts

Love them all!

Razar, I agree with Anita, I do think it’s a great likeness. The overall colour scheme and style is so calming…

Dinkydivas, fantastic watercolour style… love it, too!

Hi DinkyDivas, welcome to the jam ,your first try with water colour is very good and you picked a great scene to do also.
ISKA ,I’m happy you like it . :-)

dinkydivas dinkydivas 5 posts

Thanks for the encouraging responses :) Razar, I love your piece, the use of colour and it has both softeness and intensity, which is amazing. I also love the complexity of the lips :)

noone265 noone265 132 posts

Hi dinkydivas. That is sooo fab for your first water colour. So good. So soft and peaceful. I find water colours just too unforgiving and frustrating. Am hoping to get my act together and post something soon enough. :):)

Just to inspire you all a little- We have quite a lot of Iska’s over at the challenge already, I’m hoping they post them in the Jam too- but here’s a peek at some more gorgeous works…….

The Challenge Entries So Far

I could not help myself , here is ISKAMONTERO as MULAN

I know I have already seen this one Razar but I must say you outdid yourself- ingenious interpretation and so much personality. You are a star- bravo !!! x

I really love it, Razar… so creative!
And my son is enjoying looking at all the images in the challenge :-)

I’d like to share this one I did months ago. I am amongst hibiscus flowers…

ISKA, Thats so cute , the colours are vibrent and you look sweet! GREAT WORKt!! :-)

Kristy Spring-Brown Kristy Spring-... 67 posts

I just caught on that there was another jam happening. Fantastic to see your interpretations already. Love your drawing Razar of ISKA as Mulan – it’s so creative! Dinkydivas, well done on your first drawing jam! Great watercolour. ISKA, love your self portrait amongst the hibiscus flowers. I hope I get time to do this…

Here is my version. I hope to get further time as I would love to colour it.

Oh thank you, Razar and Kristy :-) I remember playing in my dad’s hibiscus garden as a child…

Kristy, that’s just fab… hope you’d have that time to colour it :-)

Here is the coloured version.

I thought my previous version was rather dark so I came up with a second version of Iska with a hibiscus as the theme.

They both look fantastic, Kristy. The grille shadow on your first version gives it a caged feeling – like a really dark character in an animation movie :-) The 2nd one is sweet and the colours are really beautiful.

Thanks Iska! :)