Head-Spinning Looks. Shop new leggings, scarves, and skirts.

ISODIAWD

Drawing and Illustration HQ

Drawing Jam #5 "KatzxKarma"

Anita Inverarity Anita Inverarity 4312 posts

DRAWING JAM #5- KATZXKARMA

This Jam has a little twist- Our Model is the delightful KATZXKARMA
and she is also the model over at the Bubblers Portrait Group Challenge for this month

OUR MODEL’S PHOTO FOLIO You will find much more inspiring photos here too :))

So its a little Group Cross Over and if you wish you are most welcome to enter your drawings
into the Portrait Group Challenge too. Here’s the link and Hope you have fun :))

KATZXKARMA CHALLENGE AT BUBBLERS PORTRAITS

noone265 noone265 132 posts

Oh WOW, she is gorgeous! Man, if I was 20 years younger I think I’d have pink hair too!!

Oh well – here goes. I’m first off the rank. aaahhhh! Took me about 45 minutes – a bit rough but the more I fiddle the messier it gets. These exercises are so much fun and great for the likes of me who are just winging it. There are probably heaps of ‘newbie’ mistakes here so always appreciate feedback and any tips. Off to attempt some of the other shots. :)

Here we go. :)

© Karin Taylor © Karin Taylor 3784 posts

hey great work noone265…so true to form too!! excellent …i really love your lines…and that sparkle in her eye!
this is a really serene image, the one you’ve chosen, and done it real justice :)
i hope to get a chance to have a go myself at some stage, but gotta do
catch ups on rb tomorrow…so maybe not til next week…but really
really looking forward to it and watching the other versions
as they flood in :) great idea Anita…thank you so muchxxx

Thanks Karin. So many lovely shots to choose from. Looking forward to yours – hope you get a chance. :)

Really lovely work- you have captured her perfectly :)) x

Thanks Anita – such fun. :) x

Kristy Spring-Brown Kristy Spring-... 67 posts

Oh, cool! I didn’t realise another of these was up. And the subject gives us a lot of choices. I hope I have time to give it a try.

Well done noone265! I think you did a great job! :)

Ok here’s my best effort, I chose to draw the first picture…as it appealed to
me the most, just wish I could have gotten a more accurate likeness, I did this from my bed tonight propped up with lots of pillows, and using my iPhone (redbubble) for reference. The pic was drawn in A2 in my vis arts diary with mechanical pencil, then photographed with no flash in a pretty dark room and needed brightening in one of my iPhone camera apps.. I also applied a treatment to make the lines more ‘ink-like’
anyway it was lots of fun, I enjoyed!! thx everyone :))

Ps I even uploaded this to the Internet onto my mobile photobucket direct from my iPhone, then copied the URL code to get it here… All done using the one device…whilst still warmly tucked up in bed!! Lol So handy these little iPhones :)

Wow Karin- Love this- really nice job xx

Cate Townsend Cate Townsend 228 posts

Wow Anita I’m going to have to have a crack at this one. What a beautiful model and beautiful capture by Noone, it really shows her beauty. Karin fantastic, love the eyes, really wonderful. How exciting!

@ Anita, thank you so much, I really enjoy these jams and so appreciate your enthusiasm .. This was a great idea you had too! :) …xx
are you working on one too Anita?

@ Cate, thank you! I am looking fwd to seeing yours now!! :) ..xx

Aw Anita … I see that in the challenge the entries must be hand painted… I was thinking of entering perhaps a coloured version in the Bubbler Portraits but I would paint it (by hand) with my wacom pen and tablet on the computer… Just checking …would that be allowed? Or is digital colouring not allowed? Thx for your help :)

@ Cate I’m excited to see your version of Katz xx

@ Karin- Absolutely fine to have digital drawing and painting/coloring for Bubblers Portraits, we changed the rules a little while ago from purley traditional to include digital from hand drawn source- Would love to have you in the challenge- AWESOME !!
I was feeling a bit stale this weekend, but I just picked this up and went with it, its a little looser and more sketchy for me this time but I’m really enjoying it- Katz a great model who I might do a few of. I’m adding some Eucalypus Flowering Gum and slight Aussy theme lol, so I can enter it in the Faces and Florals challenge too- nothing like a bit of cross group inspiration mash up hehe xx

Thanks Kristy and Cate. Lovely Karin and looking forward to seeing yours Anita and Cate. :):):)

@ Anita…o that’s groovy thank you so much !! aaw…sounds beautiful your version Anita! I love how you take something like this and add your own distinct style and flavour to it…wonderful…can’t wait :) x

here’s my coloured version, done in photoshop using wacom tablet :) x

Absolutely PERFECT Karin- a stunning work xx

aw, thank you so much Anita…it’s been the best fun and it’s cool becoz Scott and Ben were a little impressed with this one… haha…so i feel really happy with it. it might be my best likeness so far, i can’t thank you enough for these wonderful opportunities to stretch and grow :) x

Karin, those eyes are so mesmerising. Fantastic. :)

I think its one of your best works so far, and thats saying something with your folio :))) Its so exciting to see what comes of these jams xxx

@ noone, thank you so much ! i am learning a lot from these jams…it’s particularly helpful to see how everyone else approaches them too, it gives you so much more insight and many more uh huh moments…like oooh so that’s how they did that…etc ;)
@ Anita…thank you very very much…i’m so happy you think so, and yep…i agree, these jams are so exciting as you never know who’ll turn up and submit and it’s always a great curiousity and stirs much interest …i hope more bubblers will come on board :) xx

oops double post