20% off sitewide. Don’t keep your cart waiting. Use SCREAM20

ISODIAWD

Drawing and Illustration HQ

Drawing Jam #1 - 'Call Girl'

Paul McClintock Paul McClintock 2738 posts

Here we go with the Drawing Jam. This works just like the Comic Jam and the Cartoon Jam: every week (hopefully) we post a reference photo, and everyone takes a crack at drawing it. The images will probably be a healthy mixture of figure and portraiture (so expect some nudity in the future). This is meant to be educational as well as fun, and I want to encourage people to discuss and and give constructive feedback on everyone’s efforts but don’t let possible criticism scare you off, everyone is friendly here (and if they’re not, we cut off their drawing hand). I think that any kind of feedback is helpful in the long run if your intention is to improve your art, so as long as we keep it friendly it’ll be well worth it. Feel free to use whatever style you wish: realism, cartoonish, cubist, abstract… whatever! It’s up to you, just as long as we can tell you’ve used the reference pic!

So then, get cracking (and by cracking, I mean drawing).

‘Call Girl’
Photograph: Jo O’Brien
Model: Raoni

edit: You can post your images and discuss the jam in this thread (as there won’t be a separate discussion thread). Hopefully there won’t be too much confusion over this change.

Octavio Velazquez Octavio Velazquez 44 posts

ooo I want to try :) but don’t cut my drawing hand lmao

I think your hand will be safe, although I can’t rule out the possibility of cramps from too much drawing! :D

okay here is my two cents, I can’t sleep had caffeine today lol

DesignBakery DesignBakery 40 posts

I will have a crack at it! :)

Anita Inverarity Anita Inverarity 4176 posts

Cool Ogfx- I like the trademark swirls. I must do this one, as I love the Alice tattoos :))

Great start. That was really fast Ogfx, I’m still working on mine… and unfortunately it’s time for me to hit the hay. Gotta get up early for work tomorrow. Expect my one tomorrow evening.

matthewdunnart matthewdunnart 764 posts

That’s great ogfx, especially dig how you did the tatts :-)

© Karin Taylor © Karin Taylor 3782 posts

Love yours ogfx!!!

Thanks guys!!! I work fast on caffeine lol:)))) I can’t wait to see everyone elses version :)

I will have a crack at it! :)

Looking forward to seeing yours DB!

obsintaur obsintaur 111 posts

Adorable !! Really like how you’ve done the tat Stewart. I’m just away to tackle that bit (fingers crossed)

Thanks Anitalnverarity, was great exercise :)

very good illustration stewart!!! great job on the tats, can’t wait to see anitas:)

matthewdunnart matthewdunnart 764 posts

That looks awesome Stewart!

vampvamp vampvamp 1224 posts

All these look great so far!! well done :D

I couldn’t help but change a few things when I had a go at it

cool why not elaborate on the image i say! ;)

Nice interpretations guys. Workin out those art muscles :)

lol
vv lifts her derwents higher over her head & does some ab crunches with her eraser

:)

very good job vamp and design bakery!!! I like how they are all different that’s what makes them unique!:)

Very cute Vamp Vamp !!
Love the additions DB- especially the snake NICE :)))