***GRUNGE IT UP

Quality photographs altered with layers of textures to create a grunge effect.

02-11-11...FEATURES: "GRUNGY DAZE"

© Kira Bodensted © Kira Bodensted 4165 posts

*Sometimes it’s good to remind ourselves what is GRUNGE and what is just TEXTURE.
GRUNGE is always TEXTURE, but TEXTURE is not always GRUNGE.
CONFUSED?
Our definition is: The grunge movement in design combines LAYERS OF RIPS, TEARS, DECAY, SMEARS AND SCRATCHES to form a dark and gritty result.
Anything that doesn’t do that is merely TEXTURE and doesn’t qualify in this group.
I hope this is helpful!!
…………………………………………………………………..

“GRUNGY DAZE”
These outstanding images are my choice for today’s features.
Congratulations and keep the true GRUNGY work coming :o)

FYI: All images are chosen for their image quality…not by Artist names. Artists may receive more than one feature at a time, if their image meets the theme & judging requirements.

Have a wonderful and creative weekend.
Kira :o)*

Elaine Teague Elaine Teague 2182 posts

A fantastic lovely lot of grunge. Congratulations to all the featured artists.

Catherine Hamilton-Veal  © Catherine Hami... 184 posts

thank you so much dear Kira for featuring four of my works,among so many beautiful pieces of work. Congratulations to All.x

Margi Margi 381 posts

congrats everyone, awesome company to be in, thank you as always Kira:))

hampshirelady hampshirelady 372 posts

Super duper grunge! Congratulations to all the artists and, as ever, thank you to you Kira. z

Rene Hales Rene Hales 820 posts

Thanks for the reminder and the great set of examples. Congratulations to the featured artists.

DottieDees DottieDees 39 posts

I love all this grunge!! Wonderful collection and thank you so much KIra!

Chris Lord Chris Lord 618 posts

Very cool to see my “Owl’s Roost” up there with all these wonderful grunge images. A big thanks to Kira for including it in yet another fabulous collection and congrats to all of the other featured artists here today.

Heather A McGhee Heather A McGhee 16 posts

Wow Kira! You’ve featured two of my images in the same week. Thank you so very much for including “Colors of a Dream” in your fantastic collection of images. Congrats to all the other featured artists as well!

M a r i e B a r c i a M a r i e B a ... 32 posts

Thanks for explaining the difference between texture and grunge. I will try to keep it in mind when I am creating..;) AND…Thank you for including both of my images…very honored!
I love all the images you selected, I will visit all who were featured!

Thank you Kira for starting this group!

Lynda Heins Lynda Heins 140 posts

Wow…what a fantastic selection of ‘Grunge’….thankyou Kira for featuring my image along with all these stunning images, congratulations to all….simply thrilled!!
Cheers Lynda!

Melanie Moor Melanie Moor 43 posts

Thank you…I’m honoured to be here amongst such talent!
Congratulations to all of you!

polly470 polly470 1088 posts

Wow..I must go away for a few days again!! I come back and I have so many wonderful collections to look through..better than reading a book!! Kira..another stunner!! Congrats to one and all!!
P
xx