Fringe Science & Beyond (4 a day limit)

Far Out Science/ The Strange, the Unexplained

SPECIAL FEATURE GALLERY: EARTH DAY!

Nadya Johnson Nadya Johnson 1482 posts

FOREVER, EARTH ~ We Hope!

This is a very special Feature Gallery for the Week, a tribute for Earth Day.

The connection may seem tenuous: Fringe Science? Earth Day? Think about it, though. What greater science could there be, fringe or otherwise, than the study of our planet? All science, all knowledge really, can be seen as an extension of ourselves ~ from our world, and of our world.

Some science has been detrimental, both to us and to our planet. Other science and/or wisdom if applied correctly, could just save us from our own devices! As always at Cutting Edge, we deal often with intangibles and mysteries and the lines can be thin, the definitions more mercurial than quantum foam! But the images we’ve chosen here all resonate with us to Earth ~ her uniqueness in the cosmos (that we know of), her predicaments, her future and fragility, her natural splendors and the tragic inattention some have given to her welfare, even her Existence in the modern age.

We try to see all sides of any issue, so these run the gamut from the brightly optimistic to the Direst of Dire. And for some, it’s recommended that you go and see the text. For a brand new group, we think we have a truly wonderful array of images on this and other topics! We’d have featured more on this, but many have been already featured and we also try to limit weekly features to one per artist, in any given week. (fair is fair!)

We hope you’ll all congratulate our fantastic Artists for the Week on their creative, thought-provoking work!

TERRA by VirgoSun

EARTH DAY CONSCIOUSNESS by Sherri… Charmaine Nicholos

EARTHLIGHT ~ The Light of the World by Hugh Fathers

*HOLD ON TO OUR WORLD" by Leonie7

POLLUTION by Kaleidoking

NUCLEAR EARTH by Ann Morgan

RETURN to EDEN by Cliff Vestergaard

THE PROPHET: TIME by Colleen Milburn

HOPE by Danilo Lejardi

THE GREATEST GARDENER by Restlessd

*INHERITANCE" by Tammera

*ANCIENT PROPHECIES, 2012" by Graham Southall

Sherri     Nicholas Sherri Nic... 2841 posts

WOW! WHAT A WONDERFUL GALLERY OF EARTHDAY IMAGES..INCREDIBLE…CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE WONDERFUL ARTISTS

I would like to say a special thank you to to you Nadya, Dawn and Irene, you gals have made such a wonderful group and a fun one to.
Thank you so much for including me in your EARTHDAY GALLERY… I am totally honored than I have been featured!!
Thank you so much
Sherri:):) smiless

Oh my good Nadya, didn’t realize it was your permanent Gallery…well how exciting is that…..so exciting just love and thank you once again!!!!

Hugh Fathers Hugh Fathers 382 posts

What a fabulous collection of images, most proud to be amongst them . . .
One small suggestion, it would be great if the images were linked back to their individual pages, as there are are couple here I have missed . . .

Cindy Schnackel Cindy Schnackel 4941 posts

Wow, that is some amazing work, and great messages, too! Congrat’s to all the artists!

Rhonda Strickland Rhonda Strickland 4143 posts

How funny, I was typing exactly what Cindy wrote :o) – So, I will say I agree!!! Fabulous works by fabulous artists.
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S
I am so proud to be included in this feature today!!!
Rhonda
4-20-11

leonie7 leonie7 668 posts

Nadya thank you so much for this feature it is such an honor to be in the permanent Gallery with such amazing art work and artists and most of all along side my best friend sherri and congrats to all other artists featured today lee

Kaleidoking Kaleidoking 106 posts

Wow, thanx a lot for featuring my Pollution

SpinningAngel SpinningAngel 59 posts

Congratulations everyone – stunning work :D

Graham Southall Graham Southall 34 posts

Thank you so much Nadya for the feature I am so proud to be amongst such talented artist. Congratulations to all, stunning work:))))

virgosun virgosun 652 posts

It wasn’t that long ago that doing anything environmentally-based immediately labelled one a hippie, and ecology was “alternative”. In some circles those connotations still hang around; I used to work on an environmental reclamation project in the mid Nineties and we were looked at as weirdos, LOL. Thanks for putting on this wonderful round of features, and for counting my work among them. Looks fantastic! Cheers, and congrats everyone :D

shadowlea shadowlea 1203 posts

breathtaking work and congratulations everyone

Carol and Mike Werner Carol and Mike... 1058 posts

Marvelous gallery of images . . . congrats to all.

BasantSoni BasantSoni 349 posts

Hearty congratsto… all artist for their …awesome work…