✿⊱╮ Cat's Pajamas

The Art Group for cat lovers

06-14-11...FEATURES ...and Today's Special

© Kira Bodensted © Kira Bodensted 3879 posts

Thank you Ingrid for the cat Heiku:
She pauses to wash,
A silhouette in sunlight,
Then curls up to nap.

THANK YOU for your wonderful work – keep it coming!

-

To all of you who pray – please send your best ones up for Debbie and her little Opie.
Here is the story:
I took my little Opie to the vet a little over a week ago because he had lost a lot of weight. The vet gave me antibiotics and vitamins to give him and told me to come back in about a week to have him weighed again. This weekend he started having trouble walking because his back end kept going out from under him. The vet said that he was anemic and in kidney failure. He did not know why a 6 year old cat would be in kidney failure. He said the prognosis was poor but that he could put in a cathater and try flushing his kidneys. I told him to try whatever he could . I am not ready to let my baby go yet.
Please pray for a miracle for my little Opie. He is the sweetest cat I have ever had.

…………….Hang in there Opie – all our best thoughts are for you, little one

My Sweet Baby
by DebbieCHayes

FYI: All images are chosen for their image quality…not by Artist names. Artists may receive more than one feature at a time, if their image meets the theme & judging requirements.

Wishing you and your kitties a wonderful and creative week …full of MEOWWW!
Kira :o)

Marjorie Wallace Marjorie Wallace 1147 posts

Sending prayers to little Opie. I hope that he gets well soon.

pat gamwell pat gamwell 2611 posts

Terrific presentation, Kira……LOVE IT! Thank you for all the little “extras” that spice up the viewers enjoyment!!! You’re the bomb!

Also….I truly appreciate you including a piece of my kitty-art. My heart and prayers go out to Debbie and Opie! We suffer so deeply when
a dear member of the family is gravely ill.

virginian virginian 14051 posts

Very nice for today’s special. Prayers to Opie and Debbie.
Congrats on the features.

F.A. Moore F.A. Moore 36482 posts

Oh my gosh, I started to praise, and then realized I need to pray. Debbie, your Opie is as beautiful as he can be. I hope you can save him.

I also want to say that I love the mix of funny paintings along with the beauties. The photography is delightful too, not the least of which is the gorgeous Opie.

DebbieCHayes DebbieCHayes 99 posts

Thank you for featuring my Opie and including the information about him. All of you on here have been so wonderful and supportive. It means so much to me.

vickymount vickymount 21 posts

Thankyou! xx

Melanie Pople Melanie Pople 7 posts

Thank you and wishing for a happy outcome for Opie !

Thank you Melart.

Here is an update on Opie:

I went to see Opie after work yesterday. He was laying down on his stomach (he had gotten to where he was balling up sleeping) and had his head up. I reached in to pat him and he started purring. He stood up and walked to the front of the cage and started rubbing his head on my stomach. I asked if I could pick him up and they said I could. I held him straddling my hip like you would hold a baby. He tucked his head tight under my chin and kept rubbing it on me. When I went to put him down he grabbed tight to me and did not want down. That made me cry of course. When I finally put him down they had put some canned food in his cage. He went over to it and was really interested in eating it. This weekend I had tried giving him chicken because he loves it so much but all he did was sniff it and turn away. It made me feel better to see that he was eating. They will do bloodwork again this morning and will know more then. He did look better than I was expecting.