✿⊱╮ Cat's Pajamas

The Art Group for cat lovers

04-07-11....FEATURED ARTIST: ibjennyjenny

© Kira Bodensted © Kira Bodensted 3827 posts

CONGRATULATIONS!……. I am proud to present the FEATURED ARTIST of APRIL: ibjennyjenny
We invite you to join with us in a big round of “verbal applause” by adding a few words of encouragement before leaving,
or click on image for Artist’s page. THANK YOU!

Here are a few words that Jen has written to tell us about herself:

I have always loved photography. I remember when my dad gave me my first Polaroid at for Christmas when I was 8 years old. I was so excited. And what did I take pictures of back then? My stuffed animals…go figure.

I grew up in a family of animal hunters, my dad and brother hunted everything from deer to quail. Of course, to them it was a sport but to me it was something much different and a fighter for animal rights was born.

I became an animal technician at nineteen but moved on to a legal career at thirty. I have spent most of my adult life doing volunteer work for one animal issue or another all the while managing a feral colony somewhere. I work with the trap neuter and release program here locally and I am a member of Alley Cat Allies Network.

Photography is now a way of life for me just as the animals are and through my images I try to send a message on behalf of the voiceless, I am the messenger. I can’t think of anything else I would rather be.

Jen has chosen these beautiful images as her favourites:

I Cross My Heart
by ibjennyjenny

I cross my heart is everything Mikey is, his sweetness is right there in those eyes.

The Prince and the Pauper
by ibjennyjenny

The Prince and the Pauper just brings a lot of emotion with it, Roo deserved to be Pampered like Mikey and now he is.

It is sooo ON
by ibjennyjenny

It’s sooo on, I was laughing when I took this because he was getting ready to pounce my way, still makes me laugh.

Jen is an outstanding Photographer with a passion for her subject, and it shows. I have chosen these breath taking images to feature. ENJOY!

But I’m Here Now
by ibjennyjenny

Do Ya Feel Lucky Punk?
by ibjennyjenny

The Healer
by ibjennyjenny

A Moment Like This
by ibjennyjenny

Casanova
by ibjennyjenny

Something About Him
by ibjennyjenny

My Friend For Life
by ibjennyjenny

There is a Joy in Rescue
by ibjennyjenny

Happy Birthday Mikey
by ibjennyjenny

Feel free to add your favourite pictures from ibjennyjenny’s delightful portfolio on this PERMANENT FEATURE PAGE.
See more of Jen’s work on her page and on the front page of the group.

riata66 riata66 194 posts

Congrats on your feature. What a wonderful selection of feline images…

DebbieCHayes DebbieCHayes 99 posts

A big contratulations to you on your feature! Your pictures are wonderful.

Marjorie Wallace Marjorie Wallace 1148 posts

Jennifer, it is so great to see you featured. I loved hearing about your participation as an animal rights activist and as always, your images are delightful. Here is just one of my favorites that wasn’t shown. Keep up the great work! xo ~Marjie

My favourite too Marjie :o)
Mikey was MARCH Calendar Kitty

virginian virginian 14172 posts

All are wonderful. Congratulations to all!

pat gamwell pat gamwell 2610 posts

Outstanding work, Jenny! Beautiful presentation, Kira! LOVE the opening font/strutting kitty! Awesome impact!

Thank you Pat – much appreciated :o)

patjila patjila 1109 posts

Congratulations Jenny, wonderful art works displayed by Kira, beautiful cats all of them!

BingoStar BingoStar 730 posts

Congratulations to ALL

ibjennyjenny ibjennyjenny 205 posts

Thank you so much for this feature Kira, it really does mean a lot to me. And thank you to everyone in this wonderful group for your ongoing support of my work.

You are so welcome Jen, and I’m glad you enjoy it..we all enjoy your work very much :o)

Marie-Eve Boisclair Marie-Eve Bois... 465 posts

Congratualtion Jenny, Mikey is such a star! :-)

ambermay ambermay 353 posts

Congratulations on well deserved feature Jenny!
Stunning images as always!

Rosehaven Rosehaven 1749 posts

Such a thrill to see you chosen as featured Artist Jenny , your work has captivated me from the first instance of viewing it such a worthy honor & I congratulate you warmly as I run my eyes over your splendid work again and again ….absolutely gorgeous ,each and every one ,thank you Kira for giving us this beautiful feature page to enjoy ,
The very first image I ever saw of yours was of Mikey sitting at the window & I used it as the avatar for “Kitty at the Window” Challenge ……………I still absolutely love it !

ibjennyjenny ibjennyjenny 205 posts

You are all so very kind…it is such an honor to be among you, this group is so full of amazing talent…being featured here means so much to me. I really do appreciate your support.

Carol Clifford Carol Clifford 305 posts

Congrats on being chosen featured artist! Your photo artistry with cats is absolutely gorgeous. You really captured the mood and beauty of these wonderful creatures!! Cheers, Carol