NO BAD WEATHER PHOTOS THANKS – WE LIKE PHOTOS THAT SHOW OFF THE SCENE IN THE BEST LIGHT – WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU BOUGHT A POSTCARD SHOWING A LOCATION THAT WAS TAKEN ON A GREY, OR A BLEAK, OR A WET DAY!
NO PHOTOS LOOKING ACROSS WATER WITH THE HORIZON IN THE MIDDLE THANKS!
We accept photos from all the 8 capital cities in Australia – Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Hobart, Adelaide, Perth and Darwin – we are looking for photos that show off our cities (the built environment) to interested viewers, like overseas visitors etc, who might like to see what we have to offer before they come here.
For the challenges from now on in this group, enter your work in the challenge first please (and not in the group) and if we accept it in the challenge, it doesn’t mean we will accept it in the group – sometimes we will accept entries in challenges just to get the numbers up in challenges.
The following are reasons why your photo may have been rejected:
1. If they are taken on cloudy or overcast or dull days, showing grey or white or black skies
2. If the scene is taken in poor light and your main subject isn’t well lit
3. If the colours look unnatural
4. If they have had any elements added and ‘faked up’ using a PC program like Photo Shop etc, including text, borders, collages, layers & the Orton Effect etc
5. If the sun is below the horizon and your subject shows moving water, and it was taken on time exposure
6. If the sun is visible or if there is any sun flare visible in the photo
7. If it is not up to the RB acceptable standard
8. If it wouldn’t be of interest to the general public
9. If you have sent similar photos of the same scene previously
10. If you don’t state the location in the description line, where the photo was taken; e.g. Sydney Harbour’
11. As we are a city group, we aren’t looking for anything except scenes of a capital city
12. We are not accepting photos that are making a political statement, for any country or city. We are also not accepting photos that show off the homeless as the main subject. People shots are restricted to those going about their business and have to be completely unposed, and they have to be interesting – we don’t consider a photo of people walking down a street or sitting somewhere to be interesting! We are not accepting photos of entertainers who are doing a scheduled performance. We will consider some action shots of people playing sport etc if the photo is extremely good, eg: surfies, skiers and bike riders etc.
13. If the main subject in your photo is animals, birds, insects, flowers, cemeteries, shots just of sand etc, graffiti, photos just of trees, photos just of the horizon, anything run down or dilapidated, letter boxes, knick knacks or close-ups of anything
14. We don’t accept star trails or shots of the moon or lightning strikes etc.
These photos are only accepted at the hosts discretion:
15. Photos across land or water that end in a flat horizon, and/or photos showing the horizon anywhere near the centre of the photo have a 99.9% chance of not being accepted – we’re looking for something more than just a camera aimed straight out to sea – be adventourous and fill the frame with coastal scenery & make the viewer wish they were there!.
16. We’ll only accept dawn/sunrise/sunset/dusk shots that are in natural colours and not over processed and they must have buildings etc in the photo – we don’t accept photos just of a flat horizon across land or water.
17. All the rules apply to t-shirts and iPhone cases
We’ll accept these photos showing city scenery:
If the colours appear natural
If they are taken in good light with the photo taken in good weather and your main subject is well lit
We don’t have any daily limits either!
Normal RB rules apply on quality. Please submit only your best work and that includes tshirts and iPhone cases – we don’t accept pillow cases. Photos will be rejected If they wouldn’t be of interest to the general public.
Removal from group:
Re-submitting photos that have previously been rejected can result in your removal from the group, as will members with a high rejection rate – if you find yourself removed from the group, either one of those reasons just mentioned will be the reason why, so there will be no need to BM the hosts asking why as it will either be you have been resubmitting photos that have been previously rejected (most likely reason) or you have a very high rejection rate.
If you cannot find the reason why your photo was rejected, in the above rules, feel free to BM me please (PhotosByG) and I’ll happily provide you with the reason why your photo was not accepted.