Shop

Atlantic Canada

A place for artists currently living in Atlantic Canada (New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia…and yes, even Newfoundland) to show the rest of the world what incredible art and talent we produce over here.

I Wonder If Anyone Will See This...

Darlene Ruhs Darlene Ruhs 159 posts

Hello there!

Wow, when I came in here to introduce myself and tell about my latest and proudest shot, I couldn’t believe I am the first to use the forum!

Well, my name is Darlene and I now reside in Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada. I have always loved photography but never really thought much about it until the summer of 2007 when I became the proud owner of a half decent camera (by half decent I mean a Canon Powershot A640). Now my soon to be husband, Scott Ruhs and I love to go on excursions together taking pictures. I have no particular favorite image to capture, anything that catches my eye is fair game!

Now, one of the most challenging things I have come across is trying to capture a good bird shot. However, today I did it!! I am SO very proud of this shot and wanted to share it so I came into the forum and decided to introduce myself at the same time.

Here’s my pride and joy…

Jen Savage Jen Savage 7 posts

I see it. Maybe if we start talking other Atlantic Canadians will join us!

I’m Jen. I’m from Moncton, NB. I was given my first camera for grading in grade 3. I’ve been into photography off and on since then with a long off period for the last 6-7 years. This summer I threw myself back into it head first. I haven’t looked back since.

I’m actually in university (again) just about to complete the classroom side of an education degree. In January I’ll start my practice teaching and graduate in May. I’m an English major. No art background, not formally really, anyway. This term I took an art education course and we got to do a personal project as our final project for class. I took a series of portraits and am incredibly proud of that work.

As far as cameras go, well, I have a bit of a collection. My “main” camera is a Nikon D80 which I purchased in September. Prior to that I did all my digital photography on a p&s, a Sony DSC T200.

Other cameras I own and use:
Holga (that plastic fantastic lover), Action Sampler (lomography), Fisheye (lomography), Smena (Russian camera from the 50’s), Ricoh SLX (this is my mom’s old SLR that I’ve been using since I was 14 or so), Canon FTb (given to me this summer along with 3 lenses for it), Kodak Brownie Hawkeye (another one that belonged to my mother which I’ve started to use).

I also have a Kodak Duaflex IV that does not work that I use for TtV. I bought another Duaflex IV this summer and have yet to clean it up and test it but I’ll be doing that in a couple of weeks. I also am attempting to use (so far unsuccessfully) a Kodak Junior Six-16 that belonged to someone on my mom’s side of the family.

I may be forgetting one of my cameras. I’m planning on making a darkroom once this term is over and I move back home. I want to start doing some of my own black and white developing.

(I’m also long winded)

Stephanie Rachel Seely Stephanie Rach... 567 posts

Hi! I’m from Moncton too. It’s so cool to come across local people on an international site like this!

David Davies David Davies 85 posts

I just found and joined the group this evening. I’m David from Weymouth, Nova Scotia and have a Nova Scotia gallery here under the name dgowre. Once the World Cup is over I plan on getting out to take a bunch more pictures. Nice to meet you all. Darlenee, your seagull picture is terrific!

KrysM KrysM 5 posts

I just discovered this group last night, I love love love it. I’m Krystal from Fredericton, NB. I have always had a mini interest in photography, I took more of an interest about 3 years ago and then about a year and a half ago I decided I wanted to make a business out of doing what I loved. I’m 26 years old and I have a son. My Camera is a Sony a330 and I have an 18-55mm and a 75-300mm camera

KrysM KrysM 5 posts

I meant to say lenses