About This Group
This group is for anyone who enjoys shooting the many unique aspects of hospitals, asylums, state schools, sanitariums, sanitoriums, and other medical buildings. The architecture, color, and feel of each hospital is a work of art in and of itself. This group is dedicated to communicating that depth of feeling through photography, whether it be film or digital.
- As a general rule of thumb we do not accept any over the top HDR processing. I will not be accepting photos with haloing, cartoony colors, over sharpening or extreme tonemapping. The type of photos I’m looking for here showcase the grandeur, the details, the feeling of these places first and foremost without putting to heavy of a spotlight on Post-Processing techniques. Exceptions apply at my discretion but please do not be hurt by rejected submissions.
- The subjects of photos you submit should focus on the specific features of these institutions. A photo of a door or a generic exterior tells us little about these places. Your photo should tell a story about asylums and hospitals or focus on specific institutional details or your text should explain to the viewer what part of an institution they are viewing.
- I will not accept photographs featuring models or people. There are plenty of other groups out there that these shots fit into.
- I will not accept photographs that have an emphasis on the “paranormal”. There are other groups for this type of photography as well.
- As a general rule of thumb, I will not accept photographs that primarily feature graffiti that is sometimes found within abandoned hospitals and asylums. This group is meant to showcase these institutions. Not the things people do to them, per se.
THIS LAST PART IS THE MOST IMPORTANT:
- In the end, it boils down to a personal taste choice of the group moderator. I want this group to showcase the best of the absolute best that these places have to offer. The type of art I’m looking to feature in this group is primarily photography. What I’m looking for should be first and foremost a photograph not a “digital artwork”. The definition of this is up to me. It’s my group. The photos you submit shot be of your absolute best caliber. Ask yourself, would I submit this photo for publication in a magazine for the world to see? Please, don’t take offense if your photo is rejected. Keep submitting!
See the group rules and join this group here