Expressionism is an artistic style in which the artist seeks to depict not objective reality but rather the subjective emotions and responses that objects and events arouse within a person. The artist accomplishes this aim through distortion, exaggeration, primitivism, and fantasy and through the vivid, jarring, violent, or dynamic application of formal elements. Often colour was the main feature, with a bold bright palette of contrasting colours. In a broader sense Expressionism is one of the main currents of art in the later 19th and the 20th centuries, and its qualities of highly subjective, personal, spontaneous self-expression are typical of a wide range of modern artists.
Typical movments at this time were: Fauvism and Primitivism.
WORKS MUST MAKE REFERENCE TO ARTIST, MOVEMENT OR GROUP THAT IS ASSOCIATED WITH “EXPRESSIONISM”. If in doubt please Google Expressionism and you will find a thousand references to this era of art.
(please no Photography or Digital Art, there is a Fine Art Photography group for your beautiful Photographs)
a few rules though….
1. Only TWO works per day. Limit of 10 per artist.
(if you put more than two on, we will accept two and reject the others.)
2. All Fine Art mediums (drawing, painting, printmaking, sculpture etc)
3. No photographs or digital works please, as there are plenty of groups on Redbubble already existing for photography and digital art.
4. Nudity is accepted if painted or drawn, no photographs again, no photoshop art.
5. No writing unless it is writing about your art making, other artists, exhibitions and questions about art or materials – but remember we have forums that we’d like you to participate in and they are a more appropriate place to write in.
6. IF YOU SEND EITHER myself or a cohost abusive emails than you will be removed from from the group, if you cannot speak nicely, than you can join another group.