Apophysis Tutorial Fun

Working together to learn, teach, create and have fun!

Volume 45 - Sahar Tutorial

James Brotherton James Brotherton 1996 posts

Volume 45 – Sahar Tutorial
This tutorial is Sahar Tutorial by Epogh on DA

Tutorial Tips:
Set your scale around 20 to start

This is another one from Milo. This one creates rich textures. Do not use 7x 15C!!!! It is very tutorial unfriendly and will not work with this tut and just about every other tut. I suggest using 7x 15B. It’s the best version IMO! I kept 7x 15C and just downloaded 7x 15B to a folder on my desktop and use it there. It will automatically know where you save your renders. Put your 2 new plugins in the 15B Plugin folder.

*Plugins Needed: 2 plugins are included in the zip file along with the tutorial and gradient. *

Here is your easy button for your convenience!

Have fun & good luck!

abstractjoys abstractjoys 322 posts

Beautiful examples James! Playing with this one and finding such wonderful,lyrical, shapes evolving :)

Lemarly Lemarly 1102 posts

NightButterfly
by Lemarly

This is my first.Looks very interesting tutorial,dear Host !!!
Wonderful starts,James.
Hugs to all !! Marjut

Stormey Stormey 592 posts

Wonderful creations James and Marjut. I have a question for you James. I have Apo. 7X 15. Didn’t know a B or C existed. How can I tell which I have?
I looked in the (about) section and all it says is 7X 15. Don’t want to start on this tut yet in case I have C.

BlueWings
by Lemarly

Second.Yeah.
Sheila-I have also this 7X15-and do not know the letter after it.Just start to play with your Apo- but that is my opinion.Hugs Marjut

Sheila, if you’ve had your Apo a while, you’ll probably be ok. The more recent versions have extra plugins added that do not work the same as the ones you have to add yourself. Just about every tut uses the one’s you add yourself. When you first open Apo a box pops up and tells which version it is.
Nice work Marjut on those 2…..love them!

Hello James and All: My apologies for being so absent. What a great tutorial James, I just love all the velvet swirls and patterns in this one.

Flash of Pink
by abstractjoys
!

Bright Patch of Day
by abstractjoys
!

Pam Amos Pam Amos 3640 posts

James….gorgeous works….love the texture and the lines…. :)
Marjut…….glorious textue and colours…. :)
welcome back Carolyn….beautiful soft flowing texture and colours…. :)

here’s my first one….. :)

Pulled in all directions
by Pam Amos

I added a third transform to create this one….I found this created more colour and also texture…..depending on what variation was used…. :)

this one was created with a third transform with….spherical, cross, butterfly and epispiral…..and a few tweaks……

Satin Red
by Pam Amos

this is the two above fractals combined together……

White Satin
by Pam Amos

CrayfishNet
by Lemarly

Third.
Fantastic works Girls !!!!!!
Hugs Marjut

King of Forest
by Lemarly

Fourth.Counting ends now.

Nice work girls and great colors. I can’t seem to get more than 2 colors right now but I’m working on it.

Ring Of Light
by James Brotherton

gorgeous light and design James…..I found I had the same problem….but adding the third transform……for me….added more colour options…. :)

Virginia N. Fred Virginia N. Fred 883 posts

Nice work everyone, I am rendering my first, but I am having trouble getting colors any advice???

Stormey Stormey 592 posts

Thanks James. Guess I was thinking well maybe I could be doing these tuts better. lol Great job you all are doing. : ) Here are my first. Am not real pleased with them but now that I’ve read about the 3rd T maybe the next will be better. Thanks Pam for the info. : ) Oh, and good to see you back Carolyn. : )

Red & Gold Sahar Star
by Stormey

Metallic Sahar Blades
by Stormey

beautiful designs Sheila….love the colours and the shine…..gorgeous… :)
with this design I created the first two transforms……up to the circular shape….. before rotating and moving them I added a third transform, trying different variations, then I went back and rotated and moved T1, I used smaller sizes so that I could see what changes it made to the design…

Tunnel Swirls
by Pam Amos

this is the same fractal as above but with the background tweaked…. .

Rainbow Maker
by Pam Amos

Great results girls, really amazing!!!!!

Star-Studded Evening
by James Brotherton

What beautiful, flowing imagery you all are creating. I am soooo enjoying this one!

Coming Up Rosie
by abstractjoys
!