Deck out your device with 15% off smartphone cases & laptop skins. Use code DEVICE15.

Apophysis Tutorial Fun

Working together to learn, teach, create and have fun!

Volume 27 - Splits-Ngon

James Brotherton James Brotherton 1970 posts

Volume 27 – Splits-Ngon

This tutorial is the Splits-Ngon by guagapunyaimel on DA

Tutorial Tips:
Set your scale around 25 to start

There are parts of this tutorial in which the exact instructions of triangle moving is not given. It’s more like make it look like in the example. You are told to scale a triangle down but he just says to a small size, so just get it to look like in the picture. The settings for xaos is well layed out for you. Tweaking of this may prove difficult, but that remains to be seen. JuliaN = Julian. I don’t know why it is written that way.

Plugins Needed: Splits, Ngon and Julian which you should already have.

Here is your easy button for your convenience!

Have fun & good luck!

Spring Beginings
by James Brotherton

Jaclyn Hughes Jaclyn Hughes 5300 posts

Awesome work James… you are sooooo effin grounded! lmao

I have been looking forward to this tutorial for soooooooooooooo long…. I was hoping to do this one with the group glaring at James lmao I really hope I can participate here but I make no promises…. I may have to live through all of you!

I have recently been asked about building another website for someone and I got a call this morning asking if I will do some wedding invites and be the wedding photographer!!! Thankfully, wedding isn’t til December. I may have to take a leave from RB… got an illness in the family which may cause me to go out of state to go help out, not quite sure yet. I will keep you updated on that. Enjoy the rest of your day… off to work…. as always!

barrowda barrowda 2273 posts

Thanks, James, I think I’m going to like this one. Here goes my first shot:

Splits-Ngon #1: I Was Framed (UF0589)
by barrowda

Nice job David! Wonderful colors!

Thanks, James!! I love the spiral shapes on both of yours. Somehow this next one morphed into a coffee table :o)))

Splits-Ngon #2: Coffee Table (UF0590)
by barrowda

sstarlightss sstarlightss 1155 posts

Beautiful works, Jim and David! I’ll have a try! ;o)

viennablue viennablue 2598 posts

looks fascinating James, I have a trade show tomorrow, so can’t get anything done until Tuesday at the earliest :-(

cool work by yourself and David, you’re to quick off the mark for me!, catch you all soon :-) hugs Jacqui

Thanks, Claudia and Jacqui! We look forward to seeing what you will come up with :o)))

Pam Amos Pam Amos 3634 posts

great work David and James….love the shapes and the colours….beautiful….. :)
Jackie…..sending well wishes to your family…..and congrats on the wedding and website work…. :)

Jaclyn Hughes Jaclyn Hughes 5300 posts

Thank you Pam, I appreciate both hun! hugs Fantastic work so far fellas… looking forward to more work.

Stormey Stormey 592 posts

Very nice work James and David.
Hope everything will be alright Jackie.

abstractjoys abstractjoys 322 posts

Jackie: Heartfelt hugs and prayers sent you way. Please, keep us posted on how it is going.

David, James, Stormey: Awesome work gang. Looks like you are definitely getting the hang of this one.

I have worked on this sucker all day……………..can’t seem to get the ‘swirls’ inside………..just bars and lines with one square. When I finish the T=4, it does not look anything like the picture. I have double and triple checked my xaos,they are fine. Could it be in the splits variables on T=2? Would appreciate any tips you can pass along. carolyn

Fantastic one Sheila! Gorgeous colors. Carolyn, I had the same thing happened to me and I had forgotten to change linear to “o” on one of my transforms. If you still can’t get it, bmail me the params and I’ll have a look.

sstarlightss sstarlightss 1155 posts

@ Carolyn, I think it’s a question of Tx2 and Tx4 dimensions… they have to be very small and very close, almost superposed by their corner. Hope this could help. Good luck!

@ Sheila, you’ve done kindly, lovely colours

Here’s my first attemps…. Quite basical, with little variations on the values…. Hope you’ll enjoy!

Splits-Ngon – Pastel
by sstarlightss

See you in two days.
Cheers.

Claudia ;o)

Thanks so much for the tips: James, checked for any stray linear variations and didn’t find any. Claudia…………WOO HOO! When I made sure to get the 0,0 areas aligned, BINGO! I’ve got some swirls in there now. Thanks gang for the help. It is so nice to know I am not adrift and can call for help that is so freely given. THANK YOU!!! Beautiful pastel piece Claudia :)

Stormey Stormey 592 posts

Thank you Carolyn, James, and Claudia for you nice comments.
Beautiful Claudia.

Belinda Osgood Belinda Osgood 535 posts

Well done to all you so quick off the mark on this tutorial. You are each adding beautiful inspiration to my need to dig in and create one of my own. I have a Spherical-Disc one rendering which I’m waiting on before I can give this tut a go.

Jackie, congrats up the work offers; good luck for them! so sorry to hear of an illness in your family and I pray for your comfort and peace and their health to be fully restored.

Enjoy the new tut everyone.

beautiful works everyone….love the patterns…..I’m having a bit of difficulty trying to get mine looking anything like the tut…..I checked and doubled checked everything….I think the trouble is with T2 and T4….getting the sizes and positions correct…….any further tips much appreciated….
so this is my fourth attempt and it is a flower…..I’m pleased with the look of it…..but I would like to try and get something like the tut…. :)

Belinda Osgood Belinda Osgood 535 posts

You must be the prettiest and kindest little hummingbird, Pam, because these tutorials love presenting you with the most loveliest of flowers! Your flower in lace is so dainty and a fine addition to ATF’s garden!

what a lovely thing to say Belinda….thank you….you made my day……BIG HUG…….. :)

viennablue viennablue 2598 posts

lovely work everyone, I must have had a go at this one before as I have found a very basic one in my files, will post later today.
congratulations Jackie …. I’m sure all will be fine, you are a very talented woman …. onwards and upwards gal ….. lol!
catch you all later, the trade show is waiting …… :-)

I had a suspicion you would pull a flower out of this somehow Pam lol!

Swirling and Dancing
by James Brotherton

Loving the works already submitted. Pam, always a joy to walk in your fractal garden.
This one has proved to be a challenge. Getting the T2 and T4 to work together was not easy but I thank you all for the tips. Here is my first render.

Pattern Pods
by abstractjoys
!

A real winner there Carolyn!