We launched leggings! Step into a world of individuality.

Apophysis Tutorial Fun

Working together to learn, teach, create and have fun!

Volume 6 - Gnarls

Jaclyn Hughes Jaclyn Hughes 5305 posts

It’s here kiddies! Our 6th Tutorial!

There are 2 tutorials for the Gnarl, so let’s consider this a double header. Please try both of them out, because each one gives different results.

Gnarls by SaTaNiA (Damien) and
Comprehensive Gnarl Tutorial by Drummerboy08

Tutorial Tips:
Plugins Needed: Auger, Waves2
Optional Plugins: Curl, Hexes (known as avHexes.dll), Bipolar, Checks

Hexes is known to be very slow, I’m guessing long renders

The plugins with links will take you to where you can download them. The other plugins are in the Aposhack Plugin Pack

In order to open the Comprehensive Gnarl Tutorial, you will need to use on of the Programs to unzip RAR Files. I have placed 2 links to 2 different programs you can use. Pick one!

Set your scale to around 10 to start.
Set Your Gamma to 5

On the 2nd gnarls tutorial, remember that symmetry in Apophysis 7x is the Opacity section.

On the 2nd tutorial it says to set your zoom to -1.5, there is no need to zoom in, if you just want to view you can. But remember if you render with a zoom, your render time will be forever

Play with your Color Speeds for adding color to these gnarls.

These tutorials have some serious potential. I am looking forward to seeing these gnarls.

Here is your easy button for your convenience!

Have fun & good luck!

Virginia N. Fred Virginia N. Fred 884 posts

Awesome I waited up for this now I can go to bed, woo hoo, good luck everyone

lmao Gina! I been sitting here staring at the time cause I wanted it up at midnight. hehe Sweet dreams! :)

barrowda barrowda 2353 posts

Gnarly, Dudettes! Fractal Surf’s Up!!! I’ve heard about these, but never tried them; looking forward to the fun. Big congrats to Iwona (Fiery-Fire) on her Solo exhibition that begins on Monday – be sure to check it out and show your support! Kowabunga!! TfD

lmao Totally Gnarl man! hehehe I love these things, always have. Made a whole calendar of them when I was using UF.

These 2 are made by the comprehensive tutorial.

The Glowing Gnarl & Dark Elegance

These 2 are made by Damien’s tutorial.

Gnarlsome & Abstract Gnarl

Fiery-Fire Fiery-Fire 3793 posts

Ouuuuu…yeahhhh!!! this I can play :)))) whoooHooo!!!
Reading first, what did he do there ;) and which params he used for his base ….zoooomg ;)

Ok, this is Meckie technique !!! I thought so ;) coooool, cause this is how I learned too LOL

Pam Amos Pam Amos 3644 posts

these look cool….love them……look forward to having a play….
congrats Iwona on your solo….well deserved……
:)

Thank you so much Pam :))) didn’t expected it – it’s a nice surprise & a great reason for all of us to party there ;)))
Everybody is invited Pam !!! we can have a big fractal rave LOL ;)

Ok, I better show what I submitted or Jaclyn will be chasing me up and down RB LOL ….yikes j/k

Sunset rays
by Fiery-Fire

Kalees
by Fiery-Fire

Thanks Pam! They are…. gnarly. lol

You’re right Iwona, I would chase your butt down! lol I hope to see some new ones from you too :)

It was kinda cool trying out both tuts and how so lil of a change can make such a big difference.

carlotta peacock carlotta peacock 173 posts

FREAK ME OUT LADIES, AWESOME WORK GALS, LOVE THOSE FIREY, XXXX

Filipa Nunes Filipa Nunes 696 posts

Gnarls? You have chosen that gnarls? LOL
OK, I will search my oldies, to see if I like some to show you, and make some new ones to show you all. ;)

(it’s damien tut, that says all! and drummerboy does indeed have a comprehensive tut. I liked them both)

@Jackie: wonderful contrasts you have there gal! Love them!

@Iwona: congrats on your Solo and very nicey gnarleys! :D

Fire bending
by Filipa Nunes

Here is the first one, made in 2010.
I will upload the second in a matter of minutes.

I was suppose to do a element series with Gnarls… Hum… maybe I will finish it now. :)

Second! :D

Journey into Underwater
by Filipa Nunes

happypattern happypattern 332 posts

Wow, they all look so shiny and fantastic Filipa, Jackie and Fiery-Fire! I can’t wait to have a go. I’m in a middle of a job that I rather like but wished could be speeded up lol!

Hellooooooo, could someone tell me where to find hexes plugin please I dont seem to have it, and I am soooooooooo sad :(

Hi Virginia, here’s a link to the hexes plugin I hope? link

cool thanks so very much

Yes Filipa GNARLS! hehe DAMN GIRL!! Wow! I am totally loving those 2 elements and I really hope you finish your set!

I can’t wait til you get to play too Sylvia!

Gina, the avhexes.dll wasn’t in your apo pack? It was in mine, that’s why I didn’t link the other one. Sorry babez.

David did you ever find the Auger?

barrowda barrowda 2353 posts

Hi Jackie – I’m sure I’ll be able to find the Auger plug-in once I can get my own (laptop) connected to the internet…worst case, that will be tomorrow. But I just went out and bought a wireless router in hopes of connecting to this desktop (which has internet, but no Apo) only to find it was the wrong kind (had J45 connector and the modem only has a USB). So here I go back to WalMart…what I won’t do for a fractal!!? Thanks for asking, TfD

Here’s an Auger plugin. Hope it helps?

@Sylvia: thank you! I wish I have the time to take this babies to a ride tonight still. :)

@ everyone else: if you can’t find the plugins (there are links in Jackie first post and Sylvia place them again) I can send mail to you. Just let me know by bmail.

:)

lmfao that SUX! I know it’s in the plugin pack, so if you already have that downloaded you should be ok.