! AFRIKAANS !

This group is for South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique and neighbouring countries in AFRICA. Written work only in Afrikaans. ART and PHOTOGRAPHY. PLEASE ADD "AFRICA" OR "SOUTH AFRICA" IN YOUR DESCRIPTION.

ERKENNINGS / FEATURES: 15 March 2012.

Elizabeth Kendall Elizabeth Kendall 2533 posts

Dis Donderdag en tyd vir ons weeklikse erkennings! / It is Thursday and time for our weekly features!

Veels geluk! / Congratulations!

Spotted Hyaena #2 by Kobus Olivier (Afrikaans: Gevlekte Hiëna)

Greater Kudu (Tragelaphus strepsiceros) by Maree Clarkson

The Greater Kudu (Tragelaphus strepsiceros) is a woodland antelope found throughout Eastern and Southern Africa. Despite occupying such widespread territory, they are sparsely populated in most areas, due to a declining habitat, deforestation and hunting.

UP CLOSE.. THE CHEETAH – Acinonyx jabatus – Jagluiperd by Magaret Meintjes

The streamlined and elegant cheetah, although purported to attain speeds of over 100km per hour, can probably not exceed of 75km per hour for short stretches, but is, nevertheless the fleetest animal on earth.

Cheetah, Maasai Mara, Kenya by Carole-Anne

Large female Cheetah, ( Acinonyx jubatus ) readying herself for the hunt. Maasai Mara National Park, Kenya, East Africa.

Black Rhino, Khama Rhino Sanctuary, Botswana, Africa by Adrian Paul

This rhino, nicknamed “Noddy”, is one the only three black rhinos remaining in the country of Botswana. It is part of a successful white and black rhino protection and breeding program being carried out within the Khama Rhino Sanctuary.

Stalking leopard! by Greg Parfitt

Red-billed Oxpecker by naturalnomad

An adult Red-billed Oxpecker (Buphagus erythrorhynchus). Oxpeckers follow large game and livestock feeding on insects scared up by the animals and on parasites living in their hides. Oxpeckers are not always beneficial to their hosts, sometimes keeping wounds open and taking advantage of protien in the blood. In my travels through Africa, this was the only time I saw an oxpecker not perched on the side of a large mammal.

Iridescence by Macky

Anybody for a Chat by Lamprecht

Cape Robin Chat – Cossypha caffra. Common resident to Southern Africa. Photgrpahed in Stilbaai, Western Cape.

Green Energy by sonoflite

The underside of a leafy grass found in my garden. Johannesburg,South Africa.

Cassia abbreviata by Ann Palframan

Hilton, KZN, South Africa. Family :Fabaceae: Subfamily :Caesalpinioideae (Bauhinia subfamily) Common names : long-tail cassia (Eng.); sambokpeul (Afr.)
Uses and cultural aspects:
Various parts of the tree are used in traditional medicine for treating everything from blackwater fever, headache, toothache and stomachache.
An infusion is made from the root and drunk as an aphrodisiac. The seed is known to be used as a tonic. The root is used for the treatment of toothache. And for the treatment of headaches, the smoke from smouldering twigs can be inhaled to bring relief. [plantzafrica.com]

Little Snow White by Irene van Vuuren

A small white flower captured on the farm Matjiesfontein near Nieuwoudville in Namaqualand, Northern Cape Province, South Africa.

Foto van die week / Pic of the week:

Little bee-eater by jozi1

Kuns van die week / Art of the week:

Something In The Air by Peter Williams

Congratulations to Jozi and Peter!!

Magriet Meintjes Magriet Meintjes 3910 posts

Wow! What a stunning collection! Congratulations to all, well deserved features! Thank you, I am humbly honoured to be part of this amazing collection!
Congratulations to TONY AND PETER stunning artworks, WELL DONE!

PRAGTIG! ’n Ongelooflike versameling van werk, welverdiende eer aan elke lid! Baie dankie vir die voorreg om deel te hê aan hierdie pragtige versameling! Geluk aan TONY EN PETER, uitstekende kunswerke, welverdiend!

Maree Clarkson Maree Clarkson 3053 posts

What an absolutely wonderful selection Elizabeth! Thank you for including my Kudu and congratulations to all the other featured artists, great work! And congrats to Jozi and Peter, beautiful work!

Pragtige erkennings Elizabeth en dankie dat jy my Kudu ingesluit het! Veels geluk aan al die erkende lede, asook Jozi en Peter, pragtige werk!

Antionette Antionette 1031 posts

Pragtige werk, baie geluk aan almal! Beautiful work, well done all!

Ann  Palframan Ann Palframan 171 posts

A wonderful collection – congrats to all!

Kobusolivier Kobusolivier 107 posts

Ons is so geseënd om in ’n land te woon wat sulke mooi diere en plantegroei huisves. Dit is inderdaad ’n versameling van pragtige werke Elizabeth en ek voel geëerd om ook vir my bydra hier erkenning te ontvang. Baie geluk ook Tony & Peter vir julle “foto- en kunswerk van die week” erkennings. Dit is twee uitstekende bydraes tot die groep. Elizabeth…….jy maak altyd goeie keuses wat erkennings betref.

Macky Macky 1162 posts

Thank you dear Elizabeth, thank you for sharing the other member’s fine work too!!

jozi1 jozi1 325 posts

Thanks everyone for the kind comments :)

Peter Williams Peter Williams 35 posts

Thanks very much for the feature and kind comments.

NikonMan NikonMan 566 posts

Congratulations to all Featured Bubblers,some great works here.

Lamprecht Lamprecht 25 posts

Thanks for the honour and the compliments!

Irene  van Vuuren Irene van Vuuren 163 posts

Congratulations to each and every artist. Thanks Elizabeth for a superb display and for including my little Snow White who sneaked in without a name tag!

Lynda Harris Lynda Harris 160 posts

Fabulous collection of art and photography – especially Peter’s cheetah! Breathtaking!! Congratulations everyone! :-)))

Kobusolivier Kobusolivier 107 posts

Kyk net al hierdie kommentaar…….hoe kry julle dit reg……..wens die lede in my groep wil ook so lekker saam gesels.

Elizabeth Kendall Elizabeth Kendall 2533 posts

Baie dankie vir al die heerlike saamgeselse en saam blywees oor jou eie en ander se prestasies hierbo!! Dis so lekker as ons lede so aktief is hier in ons groep!!

Many thanks to all members for taking part in the group messages! We enjoy and appreciate your welcome input! Take care.

Rina Greeff Rina Greeff 512 posts

Veels geluk aan al die lede wat hier erkenning kry vir hulle pragwerke: dis so lekker om in groot formaat daarna te kan kyk en te geniet!