NO BAD WEATHER PHOTOS THANKS – WE LIKE PHOTOS THAT SHOW OFF THE SCENE IN THE BEST LIGHT – WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU BOUGHT A POSTCARD SHOWING A LOCATION THAT WAS TAKEN ON A GREY, OR A BLEAK, OR A WET DAY!
WE ALSO DON’T ACCEPT COASTAL SHOTS – COUNTRY SCENES ONLY AND NO PHOTOS WITH THE HORIZON IN THE MIDDLE THANKS!
We are a group for good old-fashioned photographers, who see a country scene & just want to capture it as it is, with all the framing and exposure settings done in the camera and with no changes or modifications made to the photo later on. I guess you can say we’re looking for a true representation of what you actually photographed. If that’s the sort of photos you take, we’d love to see your work displayed in this group and we have this one exception – we will accept panoramas though.
We’ll accept these photos showing country scenery:
If the colours appear natural
If they are taken in good light with the photo taken in good weather and your main subject is well lit
If it’s obvious you have used good framing and good composition to form your photo
If the hosts consider the photo one that they (the hosts) would purchase.
The following are reasons why your photo may have been rejected:
1. If they are taken on cloudy or overcast or dull days, showing grey or white or black skies
2. If the scene is taken in poor light and your main subject isn’t well lit
3. If the colours look unnatural
4. If they have had any elements added and ‘faked up’ using a PC program like Photo Shop etc, including text, borders, layers, the Orton Effect or HDR etc
5. If the sun is below the horizon and your subject shows moving water, and it was taken on time exposure
6. If the sun is visible or if there is any sun flare visible in the photo – we will consider photos if the sun is shining through multi branches/trees or right on the horizon.
7. If it is not up to the RB acceptable standard. We take composition and framing into account when accepting photos – have a look on the home page and you’ll see what we are looking for.
8. If it wouldn’t be of interest to the general public
9. If you have sent similiar photos of the same scene previously
10. If you don’t state the location in the description line, where the photo was taken; e.g. ‘Birdsville, Queensland’
11. As we are a country group, we aren’t looking for anything except country scenery. As we aren’t a sky or clouds group, any shots showing unnecessary sky or clouds will be rejected.
12. Colour photos only thanks which means, no B&W. Also no paintings or drawings.
13. If the main subject in your photo is people, barns, animals, birds, insects, cemeteries, vegetables, fruit, shots just of sand etc, graffiti, photos just of trees, photos just of the horizon, photos taken through a car or a bus window etc, photos of the sky with no land, anything run down or dilapidated, letter boxes, knick knacks, boats, close-ups of anything or tidal areas – lakes or inland rivers only, thanks.
These photos are only accepted at the hosts discretion:
14. Photos across land or water that end in a flat horizon, or photos showing the horizon anywhere near the centre of the photo have a 99.9% chance of not being accepted. If you have used framing and composition to improve the look of the photo, it may be considered.
15. We’ll only accept dawn/sunrise/sunset/dusk shots that are in natural colours and not over processed and they must have trees or mountains or buildings etc in the photo – we don’t accept photos just of a flat horizon across land or water.
16. All the rules apply to t-shirts and iPhone cases. We don’t accept pillows.
17. Re-submitting photos that have previously been rejected can result in your removal from the group, as will members with a high rejection rate – if you find yourself removed from the group, either one of those reasons just mentioned will be the reason why, so there will be no need to BM the hosts asking why as it will either be you have been resubmitting photos that have been previously rejected (most likely reason) or you have a very high rejection rate.
We don’t have any daily limits either!
Normal RB rules apply on quality. Please submit only your best work and that includes tshirts and phone cases.
When you enter a challenge, enter your work in the challenge first please (and not in the group at the same time) and if we accept it in the challenge, you are quite welcome to then add it to the group, if you wish to, but it’s not necessary.
If you cannot find the reason why your photo was rejected, in the above rules, feel free to BM me please (PhotosByG) and I’ll happily provide you with the reason why your photo was not accepted.