New Lightweight Hoodies. Great for laziness, business, or any other -ness.

12 Great Features - Challenge Themes ONLY *(CLOSED FOR REFURBISHMENT)*

Submit your image into the challenges for a chance to be featured!

Trivia Challenge - Game 1 - Questions 11 & 12 (locked)

Donna Adamski Donna Adamski 921 posts

First a reminder of the rules………

How to Play – Rules
1. Your answer must contain the following information: Question #/correct answer (please don’t copy answers, they may not be correct!!), a link to where you found the answer or “I knew that one” or “my family/friend told me,” etc., and the date and time (ex. June 6, 4:30pm EDT) of your post.
2. You will have one week to answer all the questions, from the start of the game until it closes the following Sunday at 10:00pm EDT. The sooner you post your correct answers the better your chances of being one of the first 12. Two questions from random categories will be posted daily for six days at various times (due to the different time zones), each in a new post.
3. All information in rule #1 must be included or your answers will be disqualified.
4. All answers must be posted no later than 10:00pm EDT on each Sunday. NO EXCEPTIONS.
5. Have fun and let the games begin!!

The final 2 questions of game 1

Question #11
Category – Entertainment

What were first presented at Hollywood’s Roosevelt Hotel on May 16, 1929?

Question #12
Category – Art & literature

What does a CBer refer to as a pregnant roller skate?

Post your answers below….

Remember you have until Sunday, June 14 @ 10:00pm EDT USA to post your answers to all the questions.

Terri Chandler Terri Chandler 103 posts

Question #11
Hosted the first Academy Awards / Looked it up at Wikipedia here*:

Question #12
Volkswagon Beetle / I knew that one. If I had forgotten it my father would probably have disowned me. ROTFL! My early childhood revolved around CB and Trucker talk every time we went some where. And that CB to my dad, was like Cell Phones to people these days. LOL!

Leslie van de Ligt Leslie van de ... 1286 posts

Question #11 – The Academy Awards were FIRST presented there. My answer is from wiki.answers.com, June 12, 2009, 12:25 a.m. MDT

Question #12 – I have two answers for this question from the same source so I have submitted both
(thing) by yunker Mon Dec 18 2000 at 17:27:04
A (probably) derogatory term used by ‘truckers’ (i.e. operators of 18-wheel tractor-trailers) to describe Station Wagons. I don’t think it would work now-a-days, see as how some station wagons, like the Subaru Outback, are actually kind of cool; probably applies to the old k-car wagon varieties. Think faux wood paneling.

thing) by Psychonaut Sat Aug 11 2001 at 16:54:59

The term “Pregnant Rollerskate” was CB and/or trucker slang for a Volkswagen Beetle, referring to both the shape (i.e., like a pregnant woman’s belly) and the size (rather small) of the car.

The classic Beetle (aka the VW Bug) certainly has the right shape. The curve of the passenger compartment would be the belly, the headlights would be where the legs connect to the hips, and I’ll let your mind go from there., My info is from everthing2.com, June 12, 2009. 12:29 a.m. MDT

Janine  Hewlett Janine Hewlett 88 posts

Friday June 12th 6:40pm est

11 – the first Academy Awards internet source

12 – Volkswagon beetle internet source

sewcrafty sewcrafty 151 posts

11. The First Academy Awards source 8:00p.m. DST Friday, 06/12/2009.

12. Volkswagon Beetle source 8:45p.m.DST Friday, 06/12/2009

Donna Adamski Donna Adamski 921 posts

Correct answers are -

11. The Academy Awards
12. Volkswagen Beetle