PAINT BOOK (NO photography...Paintings only)

Traditional Art ONLY! (Oil, Watercolor, Acrylics, pencil drawings, etc)

pat gamwell pat gamwell 2568 posts

OK EVERYONE……here is the dusting off I was talking about!
PLEASE read carefully…it will keep your frustration down and my work much easier! lolol:)

FIRST: Explanation of how the group operates :

• Your image goes directly to “Moderation” where it will be rejected or accepted DAILY;
  • The Group will CLOSE on Saturdays and re-open on Sundays with new FEATURES.
  • Images will be approved as FEATURES if they posses ALL of the following criteria:…NO EXCEPTIONS:

5 C’S: COLOR…CLARITY….COMPOSITION….CROP….CREATIVITY

• The FEATURES will appear in catagories, i.e. _animals, birds, scenery, water, flowers, black/white, etc.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: If your image was rejected, PLEASE do not re-enter.
If it didn’t qualify the 1st time, it won’t help to try the 2nd time.

The General Rules/Guidelines HAVE NOT changed, but should be re-read.

WHY should they be reread?

BECAUSE……..the violations & rejections are becoming more frequent and taking waaaaaaaay too much of my energy & time!!!!!

Sorry for the need to use bluntness, but I desperately need YOUR co-operation!
If you have a question or need to contact me…please do so in this open forum so others may also benefit.

I’M COUNTING ON YOU!!!!!
Thank you so much,

EdsMum EdsMum 15544 posts

Well what a good idea Pat when you are working alone, but I have 2 features weekly, so it would not work for me…Shirley

@edsmum: Not sure if I read your comment correctly, but you just keep entering like you always do and if your image(s) qualify….they will be featured as usual, my friend. The only thing different, is that the moderation will be cleared DAILY and only the pending Features will remain to be Featured on Sundays.

Rita Blom Rita Blom 3302 posts

Hello Pat, I sincerely hope that I haven’t bridged any of the criteria I am just about positive I haven’t re-entered an image that had not been accepted. I am only very thrilled if it has been accepted. Sometimes I do get I little confused with the criteria and hope I haven’t messed up there. I printed off a list quite some time ago now maybe there have been alterations I am not aware of. The last thing I would want to do is make things harder for you. The work you do amazes me and I am just so happy that sometimes one of my images rates a feature hugs…Rita :)

@Rita Blom: Thank you so much for responding, Rita. No apologies are necessary….you are free from violations, unless you posted a nude lately!! lolol:) (Just kidding, of course!!)
The nudes/gore/violence/etc is what I’m referring too…..there’s soooo much more than ever before and it’s wearing me out!!! Keep up the good work, dear one and strive to improve everyday, as we all should.

Pam Amos Pam Amos 3647 posts

no worries…..thanks…. :)

Rita Blom Rita Blom 3302 posts

I have just printed a list from the front page Pat so have no excuses. Thank you, Rita:

Celeste Mookherjee Celeste Mookhe... 13579 posts

I appreciate the information!

@Pam Amos & Celeste: THANK YOU for checking in, gals. Your membership & loyalty are much appreciated.

Rita Blom: WTG Rita! THANKS!

jeanlphotos jeanlphotos 7596 posts

OK…Message recieved Thanks for all you do Pat….And Other Hosts of this group……..Hopefully I fall with in the guidelines of posting

✿✿ Bonita ✿✿ ђєℓℓσ ✿✿ Bonita ✿✿ ђ... 11063 posts

☻/ღ˚ •。* ♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★ ˚ .ღ 。
/▌˛˚ღ •˚ ˚…just sprinkling a little Love on your page. ~♥~˚ ✰* ★
/ \ ˚. ★ ˛ ˚♥ ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ I have read the rules and appreciate your time and new informative guidelines hugs i will do my best hugs.Know you are appreciated hugs.

@jean and Bonita: Thanks for checking in, dear ladies! I LOVE hearing from you all.

Morag Bates Morag Bates 1462 posts

I understand. Thank you for looking after us all so well.

Best wishes for good health and happiness in the New Year.

Chris Brunton Chris Brunton 1685 posts

Thanks Pat for your work you do for us. I have read and also read the rules again. Sometimes I slip up but hopefully not often. Happy 2013 to you and all the members.

RGHunt RGHunt 7286 posts

Hmmmmm, now to remember.

JolanteHesse JolanteHesse 555 posts

Thank you Pat; and thanks for all the hard work.

@Morag, Christina, RG, Jolante…..THANK YOU for checking in. It’s wonderful having you all as members.

Sandra Moore Sandra Moore 1481 posts

Rereading everything and hope that I remember!

@Sandra…..Not to worry, my friend….you are not expected to remember every group’s unique guidelines! Thanks for re-reading and keep the
terrific art pieces coming!

Lucinda Walter Lucinda Walter 9551 posts

Thanks for the update Pat!!!
Thanks also for all your hard work for this amazing group!

tori yule tori yule 8464 posts

Thank you for your kind and gentle reminders, Pat. It has always been a pleasure to be a member of your group. We all mistakes and your “not to worry comments” makes us all feel like we are beloved members. Thank you for all the work you do in running this group. You are appreciated very much, Pat. xxx